Sears Canada (1952-2017)

• Thread starter CanadianNational
  • Start date
So leftovers are:

- Mapleview
- Oshawa Centre
- Erin Mills
- Bramalea.

I could see Simons taking over Erin Mills and Mapleview.

it would have been large enough - but it's not really a retail area. I'd love to see the Bay close at yonge and bloor and see the building gutted and have Simons move in. That would be a good spot - and It almost happened for Saks before they decided to take the Queen Street location instead.

I agree. The Bay at Yonge and Bloor is an old, creaky building. They can shut it down, and Simons can gut the building, renovate it, and turn it into their store.

So leftovers are:

- Mapleview
- Oshawa Centre
- Erin Mills
- Bramalea.

I could see Mapleview; Erin Mills is too close to Square One. It's not like the Square One location is so busy they need to cannibalize their own sales.

So leftovers are:

- Mapleview
- Oshawa Centre
- Erin Mills
- Bramalea.

Decathalon will be taking half of the Sears space at Mapleview, taking it off the list.

Erin Mills will also be getting replaced by a Cineplex, removing it from the list. Only Bramalea and Oshawa Centre remain.

I'd hope that Bramalea ends up with a Cineplex. Brampton now only has one cinema complex, at Trinity Common (the Orion Gate is now a Playdium). Though it's not that far from BCC, it's crowded, hard to get to, and doesn't have new amenities like VIP seating. There are enough restaurants around there for the synergy.

Georgian Mall, Barrie still has the Sears Canada signage up.

7F3BBA31-3537-4F5B-ACE0-565C6F9B7609.jpeg

Back