News   Aug 29, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 546     1 

Sam's Pix

Humpday

Member Bio
Reaction score
I bought a box full of pix at the Sam the Record Man auction a couple years back. I've been able to identify most of the people but there are some that I don't recognize. Some, like this first one, are easy. Others are tough. Does anyone recognize this guy?
sam 1_0001.jpg

Attachments

• sam 1_0001.jpg
    sam 1_0001.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 394
that's Kenny Loggins of Loggins and Messina fame. they had a big hit in 1972 with "Your Mama Don't Dance (and your Daddy don't Rock and Roll)".

Good work and thanks for the extra info. This one is part easy... part challenging. Most will recognize Sam and this star, but who are the two gents in the middle?

Attachments

• sam 3_NEW.jpg
    sam 3_NEW.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 299
Good work and thanks for the extra info. This one is part easy... part challenging. Most will recognize Sam and this star, but who are the two gents in the middle?

You’re right. The hard part with this one is that the two guys in the middle are industry reps, probably A&R managers or executives with Warner Bros Records Canada—Alice Cooper’s label. There’s a slim chance that the goateed guy is Shep Gordon, Cooper’s longtime manager.This photo was probably taken in December 1973 when the band was in town for two sold out concerts at Maple Leaf Gardens. And yes, he wore those shorts no matter what the weather!

e0dbf96e.jpg

The BILLION DOLLAR BABIES TOUR.

The final staw for the breakup of the band occured at MLG

after the gig.

Regards,
J T

Last edited:
Could be; Shep never had a lot of hair up top.

But where is ACE'S other "partner"?

Regards,
J T

Wow... you guys are good. I didn't know that was Shep Gordan. Thanks too, for all the background info. I was gonna comment on his shorts. I'm not sure about the reference to ACE's othe partner??? Anyone have any ideas about the 4th guy?
In the meantime I'll get another Sam's pic cued up.

"The fourth guy looks a little like Brian Linehan." QUOTE. androiduk

I'M NOT GOING TO GO THERE!

Regards,
J T

"you mean the legless carnivorous reptile he used to perform with?" QUOTE. the deepend.

Nope.

Not an on stage presence, but a partner none the less.

Regards,
J T

Back