147     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.3K     5 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when's the last day for opinion polls? Isn't there a rule barring them a few days before election?

funny you should ask...
from twitter:
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1m1 minute ago

New Forum poll has John Tory with a commanding 14-point lead: Tory 43%, Ford 29%, Chow 25%.

maybe the last one?

nice to see Doug going south too..

Last edited by a moderator:
Bravo!!! Could not have said it better myself. This imbecile looks like a total waste of skin and hair.

I actually borrowed it from General Eisenhower, after he visited a concentration camp: "After the visit, Eisenhower ordered every nearby unit not on the front lines to visit Ohrdruf, saying, "We are told the American soldier does not know what he is fighting for. Now, at least, he will know what he is fighting against."

Last edited by a moderator:
Edward Keenan ‏@thekeenanwire 4m4 minutes ago
John Wright of Ipsos just said on Newstalk that they aren't releasing a poll tonight, but they also have Tory at a 14-point lead.

I actually borrowed it from General Eisenhower, after he visited a concentration camp: "After the visit, Eisenhower ordered every nearby unit not on the front lines to visit Ohrdruf, saying, "We are told the American soldier does not know what he is fighting for. Now, at least, he will know what he is fighting against."

Indeed. Another good Eisenhower quote is "Academic politics are so vicious because the stakes are so small".
One has to wonder what stakes warrant the Fords clinging so shamelessly to power.
It is certainly not academic but....

Interesting measure, too, of the decline of something that AFAIK none of Toronto's print papers today even acknowledged Whitlam's passing...

It may be a reflection of those papers' enduring parochial nature, or it may take a few days.

Simple: No smoking gun. The Crown isn't going to invest more time, money and resources on a case that doesn't have a reasonable chance of winning a conviction. The cops may have a mountain of circumstantial evidence, but they don't have enough to get their case across the finish line.

As for the story about the not-so-sober judge, I dunno. Seems to me a lot of people would be in deeper shit if an active coverup ever came to light. Interesting point, but I'm not sold on it. Not yet, anyway.

From July 3, 2013 police interview of Isaac Ransom (Rob Ford's communications assistant) ITO pg 148:

k) They asked pointed questions at Mayor FORD. They asked him if the video was true. Mayor FORD denied it and said that this is not the worst that is going to happen. This is going to blow up and there will be people in bigger trouble than him. RANSOM did not know what Mayor FORD meant by the comment. They asked Mayor FORD what he meant by the comment and he kept saying that the situation was bigger than him and that he wasn't involved. Mayor FORD is known to deny things flat out.

well, we've never found out what this outburst (spoken on May 16, 2013, according to Ransom) meant. Maybe just bluster, but what was he yammering on about here? His concern should be the crack video; what does it matter if "other people will be in bigger trouble than him"? even if true, how does that help his cause??

So where did he pick it up? Wal-Mart? Or from Stintz's house?

This just another example of Fordian logic and sense of entitlement the comes from "ugly privilege".

If he did I wish we could tie it to nepotism or fraud laws.

The 30 year debt repayment should be referred to as the robford tax.
No matter how unpopular it becomes it just won't go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back