395     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 9.2K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sandro, Bruno and one or two others deal to end users while Ford helped finance/facilitate. Decos struggling, big legal bills, expensive drug habit so he needs a financial top up. Also old habits die hard.

+1! Ding ding - this rings so true, I'm deaf from all the bells. Jimmi this is brilliant. Occam's Razor award!

casita's secretly hoping for Ford more years of posting timely pics and memes from the internet, along with nostalgic reminiscence about the glory days of Metro! :p

I think Casita should just do a thread on whatever news of the day bubbles up. I would subscribe to that.
(Hell, maybe he could make a few bucks from UT for content that keeps us coming back)

I believe there was a question about Doug's education.

"Mr. Ford struggled to work with his siblings, especially Randy. Neither man has a business degree, but former Deco employees say Councillor Ford, at a minimum, was aware that successful businesses measure productivity, monitor inventory and plan incessantly.

The pair often yelled at each other in front of employees."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/doug-ford-at-deco/article21067584/

"he split ownership – 40 per cent, 40 per cent, and 20 per cent – with Rob Ford receiving the lesser percentage."

All the more reason for Rob to hang on to his City pay and benefits for as long as he can.

Last edited:
So Sandro, Bruno and one or two others deal to end users while Ford helped finance/facilitate. Decos struggling, big legal bills, expensive drug habit so he needs a financial top up. Also old habits die hard.

You can't buy loyalty... But you can provide the working capital.

At this point, I suppose we can conclude that criminal masterminds The Ford Brothers were just too smart for the cops.

IMO, there is a judge, at least, held in the ranks for the Ford Family Compact.

I think you're raising a different issue, Racquette. One has to be subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury, no? It's a judicial process, not an investigative one, per se, that determines the charge(s) to tested at trial. It's still dependent on information provided by a police investigation. And suspects don't have to cooperate with the police.

ETA: I'm not an expert. I'm working off a thin understanding.

Subpoena, yes, however, the grand jury is independent of the Courts - there needn't be any charges or arrest in order for police or Attorney General to request a subpoena be issued (more about it here: http://anonlg.com/subpoena/ "A grand jury subpoena is a written order for you to go to court and testify about information you may have. You are not allowed to have a lawyer present and can be required to answer questions about your activities and associations.") IIRC, Kwame was called to appear before the grand jury after declining to co-operate with police...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back