72     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 740     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 7.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I think it's so incredibly crazy that, if Doug was anywhere near as prolific as it sounds like he was in the 80s, no one thus far has been able to solidify the teenage drug mogul story. The Globe and Mail did their story, which was well reported; Doug did his typical "all lies and I'm going to sue but not really"; and that was essentially it. In the simplest terms: why isn't there so much more on this??

Perhaps because--and this is what I understand it to be--he was no big deal back in his day. I wasn't around in that day so I can't speak from experience, but a small suburban plaza hash dealer? Dime a dozen for those where I grew up in Scarborough in the 90s.

This is why I think it's so incredibly crazy that, if Doug was anywhere near as prolific as it sounds like he was in the 80s, no one thus far has been able to solidify the teenage drug mogul story. The Globe and Mail did their story, which was well reported; Doug did his typical "all lies and I'm going to sue but not really"; and that was essentially it. In the simplest terms: why isn't there so much more on this??

Who didn't sell hash and weed in high school? All of my friends did to some degree.

It's all in the game, yo.

I mean it sounds like "probable cause" to me. You're there, there's a known dealer with a garbage bag and a scale....how you allow the evidence to disappear is beyond me but I guess it gels with the general sense we've long had that there were elements of TPS shielding the Fords. It just makes no sense otherwise.
Besides, it's not like he was coming out of 15 Windsor; he was coming out of DECO. Who in there would have been helping him hide a GARBAGE BAG of pot?

Either something is not quite kosher in TPS, or it's a case of this group being the crack team at TO Police.
policias-keystone1.jpg

Or possibly a combination of both.

(Also, a side note: I think I'm up to like my 3rd or 4th second-hand confirmation, someone who knows someone who totally bought drugs from Doug back in the day. I dunno how these boobs ever thought they could hide it and I can't imagine how hard it must be for Tory to not say something every time Doug rants about how transparent his resume is. [I know it's easy for Chow because even if someone handed her campaign verified VHS footage of Rob and Doug openly dealing, she'd bury it, saying it's an irrelevant distraction and doesn't do anything to help the children and the lady who can't get on the crowded streetcar.])

Yep. This is not a normal camping season, any candidates who haven't realized that is in for a bad time.

This Tory white privilege controversy is about as dumb as the uproar over his golf comments. Who cares?!

Can you really not figure out why people care about both of those comments??

ETA: (and if you can't, you might want to examine your own privilege)

Last edited:
I apologise for my inability to keep up with the latest, but....what golf comments?

Don't tell me that somebody finds fault with the fact that John Tory plays golf. Please, I don't want to cry myself to sleep tonight.

Judging from my Twitter feed, most of the non-white people I follow?

I suspect those inclined to criticize him on this issue aren't the ones who'd vote for him anyways. Like the women and golf comment - rather regrettable and detached, but it isn't unexpected - hugely different from the greater sin of "special treatment" that is the religious school stance.

MTown:

JT basically said that the best way for women to climb up the corporate ladder is to play golf.

AoD

I apologise for my inability to keep up with the latest, but....what golf comments?

Don't tell me that somebody finds fault with the fact that John Tory plays golf. Please, I don't want to cry myself to sleep tonight.

I've seen an attack ad where he says something along the lines of "Working women should play golf, it is advantageous to their career" (something like that)
But I didn't actually see where or when he made such comments.

Who didn't sell hash and weed in high school? All of my friends did to some degree.

I must be the squarest Scarborough resident or something. I never sold any weed or hash during high school. Maybe I wasn't quite the young entrepreneur at that age as young Dougie was. :D

Thanks, guys.

I laughed a bit. As a male with a rather tentative network of well-off Torontonian elites (by which I mean clients), I would guess that my best bet would be to start playing golf with them as well. This being directly related to the oft-heard expression about most business getting done on the golf course. Though said as a joke most of the time, it is apparently true.

Last edited:
I suspect those inclined to criticize him on this issue aren't the ones who'd vote for him anyways. Like the women and golf comment - rather regrettable and detached, but it isn't unexpected - hugely different from the greater sin of "special treatment" that is the religious school stance.

MTown:

JT basically said that the best way for women to climb up the corporate ladder is to play golf.

AoD

Not the best way but a good way nonetheless. Golf is hugely important in business when you're at or near an executive level. My pops spent at least half his workdays golfing with clients and board members. Lots more women started to take lessons because they knew it'd open opportunities. I don't get the controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back