160     0 
News   May 23, 2024
 393     0 
News   May 22, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spidey senses says that the Pennsauken, NJ expansion is more suspect. They bought a distressed firm in 2008 and turned it into a "vibrant" location according to DoFo's bio. But there is no reference to Deco via online sources (assume it's http://www.wisetaglabel.com/ ?). There's got to be dirt there.

http://www.labelandnarrowweb.com/is...-news/w-sprague-wise-76-of-wise-tag-label-co/
Sprague became President and CEO of Wise Tag & Label Co., Inc. when his father Percival stepped aside and became the chairman of the company. Sprague served in this position until he was forced to retire due to health reasons in 2008. Sprague had been very active in the label community until his retirement. He was a fixture at the TLMI meetings and served on numerous committees and chaired the Finance Committee several times.

So Doug says he saved a distressed company, and the owner says he was too sick to keep running it.

ETA: Looks like the owner's kid carved out part of the business and now runs it as Wise Systems: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kevin-wise/9/32a/79b . (Aside - why does everyone in the label business look the same? Another aside- the guy who sold the business was a competitive swimmer...)

Last edited:
I've wondered if any journalist has gone to Chicago to find out more. How long did Doug spend there or was he back and forth?

Or even contact any Chicago journalists - I can't imagine the corruption is not present at the US Decos. Doug seems to railroad Rob in that Wonder Years older brother way of wanting to do it better because he's smarter. But he's a loose cannon. Places like Chicago and the place in Florida seem to already lend themselves to shady guys with gold chains. I could see Doug taking over Chicago and thinking he will make it better than Dad did. Only with shady folks. hah. folks.

I understood the tweet to simply be a joke about his overuse of the words "folks". Folk Nation sounds like Ford Nation.

It seems that after all the ribbing over it, he now has become partial to using the word "friends" rather than "folks".

Last edited:
Spidey senses says that Pennsauken, NJ expansion is more suspect. They bought a distressed firm in 2008 and turned it into a "vibrant" location according to DoFo's bio. But there is no reference to Deco via online sources (assume it's http://www.wisetaglabel.com/ ?). There's got to be dirt there.

And I didn't even see that ! Lol another deco location and its in jersey? Lol and it has wise in the name?! Damn.

I can't seem to find the info now but I'm trying to remember the name of Kathy Ford's latest companion. There was mention in the last 6 months or so that she was involved with an ex-judge....

I understood the tweet to simply be a joke about his overuse of the words "folks". Folk Nation sounds like Ford Nation.

It seems that after all the ribbing over it, he now has become partial to using the word "friends" rather than "folks".

Oh for sure it was. We have also seen so many jokes or coincidences that have shown to be factual. And every time I think wtf!? All I'm sayin' is I ain't fittin' ta be sooprised if it's true. Lol

And I didn't even see that ! Lol another deco location and its in jersey? Lol and it has wise in the name?! Damn.

Didn't some of us here try to do some digging regarding Deco operations in the US a while ago? It seemed like there were a few subsidiaries that didn't amount to much in terms of physical presence (this place in NJ) or were basically just houses used for mail drops (the place in Florida and one or two in Chicago suburbs).

I can't seem to find the info now but I'm trying to remember the name of Kathy Ford's latest companion. There was mention in the last 6 months or so that she was involved with an ex-judge....

Actually, I believe it's Dianne whose companion is a retired judge.

I think Doug would be quite happy to avoid a debate on priority neighbourhoods. The Fordian track record on community programs, anti-gang programs, child care, and all other supports is abysmal.

On the contrary, lying about his record is his expertise. "Nobody does more for the black community than Doug Ford." "Nobody has been to TCHC like I have. I was there yesterday."

"We're not interested in playing these games."

that's Amin Massoudi on CP24 now. What an ass. I think it''s the first time I've actually heard him talk, the coms director for the fricking mayor of Toronto.
His spin is that we're close to election day and it should only be the major candidates at this point. He's just got a big ol soft spot for democracy, Amin does. He only wants to debate "leading candidates."
Amin Massoudi has been a piece of shit for ages.
Too far man. He has cancer, and there for has been absolved of all previous and future assholery.
Amin has cancer? I hadn't heard about this.

Seems that someone in the last few days has been systematically ripping up Domise signs in Ward 2 and replacing them with Ford signs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back