1.5K     1 
News   Jun 05, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Jun 05, 2024
 908     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy modal majesty batman....and there's me with 2 tickets for Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea....ok ok I'll stop...

Hey, the music discussion was 3,000 pages ago. ;)

I'm Doug will slough this off as some baseless, frivolous attempt to harass him while he's been working hard for the taxpayers, but these guys need to learn that being in office means adhering to some standards of conduct.

Way to go, Jude!

And now Kelly Gail Ford has described Matt Galloway as looking like 'a black Pee Wee Herman'. This is a troll that deserves to be unmasked.

Yes, Jude, thou rocketh.

Now if only FN types could understand "conflict of interest" and / or "unethical". Or, do FN types think "that's just what an elected official does"?.

No doubt FN will see this as yet another attack by the free spending lefties who want to bring back the gravy train.

I meant more in the sense of the information being disclosed to them, not that they detected the cancer themselves ...

I know. I'm just goofin' around. But seriously, Rob didn't have a diagnosis until a few weeks ago. The thought that he hid/leaked an earlier diagnosis sounds far-fetched.

With this application, Jude is making very important points re how we deal with conflict issues at the municipal level. For that alone, she gets two thumbs up from me.

Yeah, the Fords' general response when being caught in conflict of interest violations is to say "So? What are you going to do about it?". Nice to see someone actually taking the bait. If nothing else, this is going to cost them, time, money and aggravation, so it's worth it even on that level.

Well, here it is

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-in-court/article20912455/#dashboard/follows/

"A new conflict-of-interest complaint against Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and his brother Doug Ford has been filed in court.

In the latest dramatic twist in the closely watched mayoral race, Toronto resident and activist Jude MacDonald has filed an application with the Ontario Superior Court, alleging that both Rob and Doug broke the Ontario Municipal Conflict of Interest Act by participating in council debates and votes related to clients of the family firm, Deco Labels and Tags."

OK, Jude, many thanks for doing this. I assume your timing expectations were thrown off by something outside your control, hence the unfortunate stretching of "imminent" and the uneventful "today" yesterday.

If your lawyer is not working pro bono and you need help, please let the forum know.

I hope these latest allegations (charges?) stick. Sooner or later something has to, right? And I'm glad it names both of the doofus brothers. Do we know if/when Rob was served?

I hope these latest allegations (charges?) stick. Sooner or later something has to, right? And I'm glad it names both of the doofus brothers. Do we know if/when Rob was served?

Allegations or complaint, I think. This isn't a criminal proceeding and it's not be driven by the state, i.e. cops/Crown.

Amalgamation was to diminish old Toronto's progressive nature by smashing it together with the more conservative inner 'burbs.

Thats one take on it. It was also supposed to reduce duplication of services.

The spin was that amalgamation would reduce costs through reduced duplication. Harris et al. knew there would be no real savings (and there hasn't been). A lot of people favour the explanation that
the amalgamation was a deliberate effort
by the Harris government to eliminate the power of the dominant left-wing majority (regime?) on the
Toronto city council by swamping the amalgamated city council with more conservative representatives
of the suburbanites. The fact that Mel Lastman of North York defeated Barbara Hall of Toronto in the
first mayoral election in the amalgamated city is the most dramatic evidence available of how the
strategy was allegedly meant to work.
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...Opvd1s9wEMFiA_g&bvm=bv.76802529,d.aWw&cad=rja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back