411     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 239     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 418     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Star is reporting on the fatal streetcar accident here.

Unbelievable that RoFo would make any sort of scene beyond calling 911 and then letting the EMS do their job. The phone in the above article shows the only people present in the scene are the police and Rob, on the phone.

Chapter 11 is a tool...retrench and come back...How many times for example has Donald Trump used Chapter 11...4 or 5 I think...The American auto industry is littered with Chapter 11 reorganizations
Being an out of country Director Tory wouldn't be privy to the day to day operations of Charter....seems to me like they're barking up the wrong if D Ford pulls this one out...

Don't forget, some people still believe that Toronto was teetering on the brink of bankruptcy four years ago...

Unbelievable that RoFo would make any sort of scene beyond calling 911 and then letting the EMS do their job. The phone in the above article shows the only people present in the scene are the police and Rob, on the phone.

The Star story hasn't put him in the headline or kicker at least. That's good.

I was wondering why there wasn't a single photo other than that same one, it's being retweeted over and over. Usually people take photos with their phone and post them (I don't mean of the accident scene itself... I mean of Rob Ford being there).

So I searched for Ford on Instagram and found this from 2 days ago (actually a video):
http://instagram.com/p/tgitGSvCO7/

Chapter 11 is a tool...retrench and come back...How many times for example has Donald Trump used Chapter 11...4 or 5 I think...The American auto industry is littered with Chapter 11 reorganizations
Being an out of country Director Tory wouldn't be privy to the day to day operations of Charter....seems to me like they're barking up the wrong if D Ford pulls this one out...

He also was on the Audit Committee - also is not a day to day operations post. (That said, the company did go through an accounting scandal while Tory was there, relating to putting out inflated subscriber numbers.)

I have come to know a great deal about Chapter 11 over more than three decades - what it is and isn't (including, it isn't "bankruptcy" in the classical sense of that term). But it is exceedingly doubtful that Doug or anyone on his camping team does and, more importantly, it is certain that only an exceedingly small number of the people to whom Doug is pitching do.

It does not matter that the story is, to an informed person, weak sauce. ("It's not about the truth.") It lends itself perfectly to a 'truthy' misrepresentation that would be swallowed whole by people who are ignorant about the law, finance and corporate governance; that is pretty much everyone who would ever think of voting for Doug.

If it is played - and what I have seen tells my that it will be because Doug's camping team thinks it is something truly wonderful - it will be played as Tory single-handedly drove the company into the ground ("bankruptcy, bankruptcy, bankruptcy folks!!!) and everyone lost everything (bankruptcy, bankruptcy, bankruptcy folks!!!!!) and he has been hiding that ever since ("he's a sneak - how could you ever trust him with your hard-earned money? - and have we mentioned bankruptcy, bankruptcy, bankruptcy folks!!!!!).

Apropos of niente

Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 7.05.49 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 7.05.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 7.05.49 PM.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 588
So I searched for Ford on Instagram and found this from 2 days ago (actually a video):

I guess we don't know when this was filmed? Nice "DQ" logo on the fence. :D Sounds like the one at Islington and Albion.

Whenever I see Robbie cruising the drive-throughs, I remember this:

"Among those demands – the mayor has to get a driver, install a breathalyzer machine in his vehicle to prove he doesn’t drink and drive, speak to a counsellor and lose weight."
http://www.cp24.com/news/ford/ford-...rsy-surrounding-mayor-1.1532938#ixzz3EqLRnCzw

Last edited:

I've been trying to imagine how the phone convo between Rob and Andy Byford might have gone. I'll bet it included some disbelieving, awkward pauses at the very least.

Matt Elliott @GraphicMatt
Doug Ford is back to claiming a billion dollars saved, which draws a bunch of grumbling from the crowd. My people.

The billion dollar claim is back! However, the audience didn't take the bait.

Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 7.19.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 7.19.51 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 7.19.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 7.19.33 PM.png
    268.8 KB · Views: 636
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 7.19.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 7.19.51 PM.png
    299.8 KB · Views: 650
The Star story hasn't put him in the headline or kicker at least. That's good.

I was wondering why there wasn't a single photo other than that same one, it's being retweeted over and over. Usually people take photos with their phone and post them (I don't mean of the accident scene itself... I mean of Rob Ford being there).

OMG that's seriosly funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back