114     1 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 248     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 354     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver plated Rob Ford "crack spoon" keychain! So there's a cute story behind this- a woman buying Cirque Du Soliel tickets today from me was wearing this on a necklace and told me she sells them. I wanted to buy one but had no cash on me and no way to send money. So she decided to trust me to send her money later, and let me take my pick of the spoons! Thus restoring a bit of faith in humanity- ironic cause of you know Rob Ford... She makes lot's of other great stuff- mostly repurposed jewelry, and it can all be found on her facebook page- Ruff By Design! #ruffbydesign #robford #toronto

10611000_1540392899526075_2056352344_n.jpg

http://www.vinevideoviewer.com/p/806777283161102120_861897820

Attachments

• 10611000_1540392899526075_2056352344_n.jpg
    10611000_1540392899526075_2056352344_n.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 743
CBC was just speaking with a Toronto ER physician and he noted that because its the lower left quadrant its most likely to do with the colon. He also said that tumors don't generally cause pain during the early stages. So that fact he was admitted today with pains (severe?) it's likely more serious than they're leading on. Not to mention he's apparently been complaining of pain for over 3 months now (which Doug claims he never knew about...)

Ann Hui @annhui
"No matter what, you tend to forget about your health...it's just so hard on you," Giorgio Mammoliti says on CP24 about politics #topoli

Mammo is alive!

Oh man, f-the fake well wishing and speedy recovery BS...I'm just gonna say what the majority of you are thinking... just die you POS.

I, for one, am not thinking that at all. He's got a family for fucks sake. My wish for him is to a) leave politics forever and b) get real help so he can be a good father to his children.

If they want to outsource the surgery to the States, I hear Yorkville Endoscopy in New York does good work.

A doctor I know thinks it sounds like Ford has Colin cancer. Location, pain intensity, risk factors like family history, obesity, heavy drinking.

The CEO says they did a CAT scan and determined it was a tumour... they need to do a biopsy to see what type of tumour it is and whether it has spread .... wouldn't the CAT scan show if the tumour was located anywhere else ....... just asking

In Robbie's case: The tumor probably led to an intestinal blockage that can cause extreme pain. You can tell there's a blockage on an xray because the bowels are puffed up like a balloon behind the mass. This leads to a CT scan of the area which will highlight the tumor. If it has spread, it could result in smaller tumors starting up in areas like the lymph nodes. The CT scan doesn't necessarily show these area. A tumor like this can lead to stomach pains that come and go for months as the blockage occurs and then clears. Most doctors would put it down to his lifestyle and tell him to stop drinking. They take notice when you go into emergency flat on your back groaning in pain. Then they send you for that xray that finds the blockage. Then the fun starts. I was ticking off the items as the doctor went through the list. Its real.

Last edited:
In Robbie's case: The tumor probably led to an intestinal blockage that can cause extreme pain. You can tell there's a blockage on an xray because the bowels are puffed up like a balloon behind the mass. This leads to a CT scan of the area which will highlight the tumor. If it has spread, it could result in smaller tumors starting up in areas like the lymph nodes. The CT scan doesn't necessarily show these area. A tumor like this can lead to stomach pains that come and go as the blockage occurs and then clears. Most doctors would put it down to his lifestyle and tell him to stop drinking. They take notice when you go into emergency flat on your back groaning in pain. Then they send you for that xray that finds the blockage. Then the fun starts. I was ticking off the items as the doctor went through the list. Its real.

If it is obstruction, it's surgery stat - it's not something they'd sit on.

AoD

The CEO says they did a CAT scan and determined it was a tumour... they need to do a biopsy to see what type of tumour it is and whether it has spread .... wouldn't the CAT scan show if the tumour was located anywhere else ....... just asking

A CT scan doesn't show you everything. Depends on what they were taking pictures of, size of other tumors etc. etc. Heck, before my wife got her colon cancer diagnosis, the docs thought it was diverticulosis. That's what it looked like, and she no family history or risk factors. As she likes to say know, it was fun going down to radiology and saying "what the fuck?" As for a biopsy, I think that only tells you what type of tumor you're dealing with. (There are many types to cancer.) I don't think they tell you if the tumor has spread.

Not sure about the credibility but someone on reddit said this:
There is a popular FWD email going around by professional journalists about this today.
Apparently, the press have major respect for Tyson and think Downer is a fool. The email is actually hilarious and rips apart Nathan Downer. It claims he has no respect from his peers and so he had to take this shot at Mike Tyson for the fame to keep a job. There is something about how he is destined for a 4AM gig on E! and how MTV turned him down? There were some good Tyson and Ford jokes too.
I don't have the text of the email - somebody read it off of their Blackberry to me - so if someone could post it that would be great.
TL;DR - Journalists are clowning on Nathan Downer for being unprofessional - but (apparently) love Tyson.
http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/com...porter_with_balls_of_steel_asks_tyson/ckepyxl

Only Toronto TV journalists would consider it unprofessional to ask a convicted rapist about the impact his rape history might have on the mayor he endorsed. Anyone on this email chain can fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back