237     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 365     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, my husband's wasn't benign. It took him at least 3 months to recover from the surgery, he didn't have a bag, but was stage 4 and lived with it for 3 years, until he died at age 53. That was 5 years ago.

Condolences, Patty. My wife was treated for stage 3 colon cancer a couple of years ago (successfully, I'm happy to report.) Her timeline was about the same. Three months to heal up from the surgery, followed by six of months of chemo. No bags or anything like that. She stood up the process pretty well and was even able to keep working part-time through her chemo. Even then, it was pretty tough.

Last edited:
My belated condolences. My wife pulled through and it was tough for us.

Like I was saying Doug doesn't know what's coming.
My Father retired the day after his diagnosis of colon cancer and never wanted to go to work again.
The bag is a real pain to deal with. You have to stay close to a washroom in case the tape releases.
His desire to go out of the house diminished quite a bit.

P.S. I reveal these details not to garnish sympathy, but to support the argument that Rob is done.
We will all face these issues in our old age.

But is surgery a foregone conclusion?

I wonder if he knew he had this all along, told people it was a toe problem and said he could have surgery after the election. Figured he would win, then have surgery but still have the title of mayor. Plan backfired pain became too intense or a Donovan story was about to break out and suddenly it is a tumour that has to be dealt with now.

You're right. I'm a casual follower and sometimes commenter here. Usually it's a fantastic discussion, but thinking that a hospital somehow willingly put their reputation on the line to lie about Ford is so ridiculous is boggles the mind. If they say that they did a scan and found a tumor, then that's what has happened.

No one is suggesting they lied. Whenever something is published in the media about the Fords, they deny it like ... days later, or just blow off questions. This time he got a "working diagnosis" of a tumour - i.e. the doctor said "based on my observations and your claimed symptoms it is most likely to be a tumour so that is what we are investigating" - and immediately they ran to the press. Then they got the diagnosis and held a *press conference*. And during that press conference, Doug asked the media to leave them alone for a while. ????? Any other politician would wait for a diagnosis, calmly bow out citing health issues. They shouted it from the rooftops. And look, it worked, they're headline news again.

As a guy on another forum said, "They waited over a week to deny that he smoked crack for christ's sake".

I wonder if he knew he had this all along, told people it was a toe problem and said he could have surgery after the election. Figured he would win, then have surgery but still have the title of mayor. Plan backfired pain became too intense or a Donovan story was about to break out and suddenly it is a tumour that has to be dealt with now.
The way the doctor spoke, I was thinking the same thing.

I don't doubt the tumor is real. I just think it's possible that it was known before today. I just find the timing so odd. Rob has breakfast with Doug, goes to Dr., goes to hospital, finds out the terrible unexpected news that he has a tumor (that could be cancer) and holds press conference a few hours later? But who knows, it's the Ford's.

Wrap a chain around Joe Warmingtington's ankles and pull. PRESTO! Colon tumour gone.

Okay that was gratuitous, but RoFo has made himself a target as has Joe. If this is indeed a real diagnosis, my sympathies and wishes for recovery healthwise, but politically he needs to go. For any reason at all.

I just posted similar. My thinking too.

I don't doubt the tumor is real. I just think it's possible that it was known before today. I just find the timing so odd. Rob has breakfast with Doug, goes to Dr., goes to hospital, finds out the terrible unexpected news that he has a tumor (that could be cancer) and holds press conference a few hours later? But who knows, it's the Ford's.
Remember when he was having back problems a couple of months ago? Then he was seen at the hospital a few weeks ago and claimed it was his toe. Wouldn't surprise me if he took chances with his health to be re-elected. It's all he's got.

It feels strange to me. Maybe it's because for months there has been the speculation that Rob would back out at the last minute & let Doug run for Mayor. I've been wondering whether Kevin Donovan's story fits in (if at all). Rob/Doug would have known the story was coming. Is it possible they went to the hospital today as part of a diversion & got a big surprise?

Of all the conspiracy theories out there, this actually seems like it might be pretty close to the truth.

And I know it is a small, insignificant part of the story, but I can't help but doubt him and Doug were at Perkins together for breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back