News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.1K     7 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 645     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Robson ‏@RobsonDan 27m
Took Rob Ford 10 mins to walk out of a lobby, receiving "I respect you man" handshakes and posing for pics. Everyone in his wake is glowing.

But we're in Burlington.

People outside of Toronto seem to love him for some reason At least they can't vote in the election.

I'm struggling to think of a way to explain this that is not politically incorrect. I'm failing.

Yes. There is a Brazen I.

AND it was totally unrelated. If memory serves it was in Malvern.

There is a not zero chance there is another investigation with another as yet unknown name putting the Anthony Smith dots together. Brazen 2 came about through RoFo's interactions with the targets of the Traveler investigation which would imply an initial focus on RoFo's drug use...

^ I was half-expecting Singin' Jimmy to be on the door as a greeter. But, he was instead photographed warming up the crowd at the debate. Pity Iola didn't show up either.

I heard she was seated at his right, washing his feet with her tears
20120508-Mary%20Magdalene%20Rubens-Feast_of_Simon_the_Pharisee2.jpg

oooh, I'm gonna burn for that... ;)

I forgot to ban multiple voting on my poll at first and someone was really determined to sway it in Ford's favour. Same guy voted no 50 times. I cleared the duplicates and they did it again a few hours later. Then I figured out how to block multiple voting and clear out the dupes again lol.

Jerry the (former?) driver got married! And look in the left corner of the picture - a special guest...
http://t.co/mfZQ17RgG5
Does that mean that MINO has one less babysitter, at least in the short term? Or is Jerry's honeymoon delayed past October?

few more posts from there. Here are some guests with RoFo and DoFo. This user has a nice one of Jerry & the bride too
http://instagram.com/p/sBWMzNLxEJ/

This one's tagged as being at the Beaver & Bulldog pub, which seems to be right next to the waterfront park where the wedding was
http://instagram.com/p/sBcZxFJh49/

I forgot to ban multiple voting on my poll at first and someone was really determined to sway it in Ford's favour. Same guy voted no 50 times. I cleared the duplicates and they did it again a few hours later. Then I figured out how to block multiple voting and clear out the dupes again lol.

Are you going to count the "other" votes and tabulate the comments? I voted "other" with the comment that Brazen II was initially about the Anthony Smith murder/drugs and later seemed to focus on corruption. When I saw that "other" votes were not counted, I re-voted "yes". So, constructing polls is complex.

Ah, the Scarborough one. Once loved, now ignored. :(

It has become neglected since he got one close to Dixon Rd..., oops I mean close to Windsor Rd..., oops I mean close to home. :p

Yeah, I rarely see any activity there now. The last time it got attention was at Taste Of Lawrence.

He's their way of giving us the middle-finger. Remember how Don Cherry put it?

Refresh my memory. I haven't been paying close attention to the whole situation as long as others.

Last edited:
Took Rob Ford 10 mins to walk out of a lobby, receiving "I respect you man" handshakes and posing for pics. Everyone in his wake is glowing.

But we're in Burlington.

People outside of Toronto seem to love him for some reason At least they can't vote in the election.

Well, imagine--if the Cons don't want them, the Fords can set up a political party of their own, a la Pauline Hanson's One Nation, or Vlad Zhirinovsky in Russia, etc...

Random questions: So, whatever happened to that subpoena Ford was supposed to have received for the Lisi trial? Do we know if he was ever given it? Is it possible he has it and that the public doesn't know? If he doesn't have it, anyone care to speculate why?

A guest from the US was at CH in the afternoon and took a couple of pics of RoFo outside his office. He's quite star-struck. I'm hopeful that, based on his reaction, the positive response to MINO is from like-minded individuals and home-grown full-out kooks.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 715
I can't see anyone, journalist or cop like Gman, not wanting to totally own this fool. I hope to god there is a long game and they are sitting waiting for the perfect moment.

I think the perfect moment might be Oct. 28. Its not too outlandish to think robbie may well have already cooperated with the investigation on condition of delaying any action until post election. I feel that the fact that it was an election year for Ford and a renewal year for Blair made for interesting times.As Mcduff (?) Said upthread, these man hours and surveillance dollars were probably not spent in vain. These things are constantly justifying thier own existence to the upper management.

So many well thought out posts this eve, I haven't yet figured out how to quote from multiple posters within one post but both v.punk and pink lucy have cogent points. More importantly, although they are so easy to laugh at these are truly dangerous people. The point about rob liking to appear mobby rings true but I also feel he is devoid of a self identity. He's a patois speaking dread when hes with that type. A captain of industry in those circles. A jock around jocks. As Quimby might say. A fickle mush head.

As for drugs I have plenty of personal experience and the only time he was undoubtedly high imo was on the coffee run with deadmau5. Around 16 min in he belly laughs at deadmau5' order at timmies. Totally high.weed. As for Ghb it was invented after I sobered up.

If this shit show was a movie script it would be laughed out of every studio as too fantastic.

I think the perfect moment might be Oct. 28. Its not too outlandish to think robbie may well have already cooperated with the investigation on condition of delaying any action until post election. I feel that the fact that it was an election year for Ford and a renewal year for Blair made for interesting times.As Mcduff (?) Said upthread, these man hours and surveillance dollars were probably not spent in vain. These things are constantly justifying thier own existence to the upper management.

So many well thought out posts this eve, I haven't yet figured out how to quote from multiple posters within one post but both v.punk and pink lucy have cogent points. More importantly, although they are so easy to laugh at these are truly dangerous people. The point about rob liking to appear mobby rings true but I also feel he is devoid of a self identity. He's a patois speaking dread when hes with that type. A captain of industry in those circles. A jock around jocks. As Quimby might say. A fickle mush head.

As for drugs I have plenty of personal experience and the only time he was undoubtedly high imo was on the coffee run with deadmau5. Around 16 min in he belly laughs at deadmau5' order at timmies. Totally high.weed. As for Ghb it was invented after I sobered up.

If this shit show was a movie script it would be laughed out of every studio as too fantastic.

Agreed. Lots of thoughtful posts tonight. I don't know how to do multiple quoting so either, so I'll just add my two cents. I think Brazen II is stalled, basically because
TPS hasn't been able to develop direct evidence linking Rob to Lisi's actions. There appears to be a lot of circumstantial evidence, some of which we've seen in the ITOs, but not enough to proceed with a degree of confidence in a conviction, especially for a case as highly charged as this one. My guess — and this is total speculation — is that police are hoping more evidence will come to light, possibly out out of leverage they and the Crown may have over some of the crack story players who were arrested in connection with Project Traveller. Or maybe they are hoping Lisi will roll eventually. I guess you could call that a long game, but my gut feeling is that there won't be more bombshells about Rob's behaviour. But that's just me, of course, and I tend to be pessimistic in my predictions. I've been wrong before.

my thoughts on brazen 2 are...

yes it involves investigating smith's murder, even though they say otherwise... having us think it was only about some internal gang /gun theft beef while they pull together what actually happened. like the shooting at 320 dixon in may 2013... they tried to have us think it was unrelated, and were spreading misinformation, but turns out it was related after all.

i'd guess investigating jaclyn dawe is also a part of it. for what it's worth, her facebook page now has her living in south korea... but the more i think about it the more i think that's a fake page, and she's still missing... another "cover story" while they figure out what happened.

i also think it's looking into some sort of sex ring... recruiting girls from universities (e.g. york, mcmaster) and getting them to work on "party buses" and in limos. that's where the mr. limo and the peter kordas stuff folds back in... and likely muzik is in there somewhere too.

question... they said they were investigating the mayor's office, but that's almost none of the same people now. so does the investigation stay with "the office", or follow the former employees involved? if by saying the mayor's office, they meant the people that were there, then the sex ring could be how "the office" is (was?) involved.

like enzo said...

Drugs, booze, gangs, prostitutes, strippers and cocaine: that about sums up the life of Ford.

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=197952

eta: i just learned of OPP's Major Case Management system.

Major Case Management (MCM) is an innovative approach to solving crimes and dealing with complex incidents. All of Ontario’s police services use MCM to investigate certain types of serious crimes – homicides, sexual assaults and abductions.

MCM combines specialized police training and investigation techniques with a computer software system called Powercase. The software manages the vast amounts of information involved in investigations of serious crimes.

It is especially useful in helping police identify common links in crimes committed in different locations – crimes that might have been committed by the same person.

Police services across Ontario must use MCM as part of their investigation into certain types of serious crimes such as homicides, sexual assaults and abductions.

http://www.mcscs.jus.gov.on.ca/english/police_serv/MajorCaseManagement/mcm.html

i guess project traveller and project brazen 2 would be in there, since they cover several municipalities.

so did OPP always have oversight, in a way, due to this system?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back