687     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 591     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right that he pulled out because he (or more likely his spokesman) realized that he would have nothing to say and would make an ass of himself at the debate. His flimsy single sheet double spaced platform could never stretch thin enough to cover heritage or OMB issues.

But instead of looking like an "asshat" by booking a last minute fundraiser, he came out with equal 11 o'clock news coverage about his pizza party at Mom's house. If he'd given an "i'm sick" excuse with no pizza party, then the press would have filled the time speculating about his lack of preparation and inability to participate in an intelligent discussion about responsible development and heritage protection.

And "I don't feel well" isn't really an option for a guy who spent a few years hungover and skipping out of work.

I so love the "What's the Mayor high on now?" game.

Bottom line: he is very obviously high on something. Whenever he's wasted and has to go on camera he approaches only reluctantly and usually talks to someone off camera as a lead-in (see also Danzig interview and April 20 park clean up).

I disagree. I really don't think he's appeared high in any of his recent appearances. Medicated, perhaps, but not overly so and definitely not high. Let's not let the baseless speculation get too out of control. Mushrooms?!?!

It may've been discussed, but did anyone else notice the black Range Rover on the driveway? Any word on if had Lisi's plates?

And after watching that cp24 vid I'm thinking he's on straight cocaine, more than likely mixed with valium or benzos.

He is not on MDMA in that video, his pupils would be this big:

8654675897_0faaf9fd97_m.jpg

Robbie always gets all fluttery and does weird eye movement things whenever he is in front of a camera. Impossible to know if it's drugs, booze or just his natural idiocy. Or a combination of all three.

As for that kiss scene at the beginning of the news clip, scripted much? And the little wave Renata gives as she walks away.

Robbie always gets all fluttery and does weird eye movement things whenever he is in front of a camera. Impossible to know if it's drugs, booze or just his natural idiocy. Or a combination of all three.

As for that kiss scene at the beginning of the news clip, scripted much? And the little wave Renata gives as she walks away.

PinkLucy and Whatthe are right. Rob appears out of it, but this is nothing like what we saw when he was using/abusing routinely. To me, he looks more like a guy who's struggling emotionally (and possibly being treated with prescription meds). That's not surprising, since he can't rely on his old friends/habits when the going gets tough. I wonder how much the campaign is contributing to his state of mind, especially since it's so tied up with family identity and finances. My gut tells me there's a heavy psychodrama going on behind the scenes, but that's just speculation on my part.

EDIT: Fixed refence to Pinklucy. Called her Kat by mistake. Maybe cos I'm a fan of Kat's posts, too.

Last edited:
It's not uncommon for alcoholics to be prescribed sedatives in the early stages of recovery. I suspect that's what he's been on, and perhaps taking a few more than recommended.

Yes, but what other drugs, that we don't know about, is/was Robbie in treatment for; we have heard some names like oxy and coke.

That is reasonable, given the mayoralty in small rural areas is requiring leagues less responsibility than a city like Toronto, and there are few career politicians living in burgs of 3,500.

All of which makes me believe even more that we need to treat large cities differently than small towns in their governance. Stricter, enforceable laws, more power for creating revenue, a cut of sales tax. We shouldn't have to run to the province for everything when our city makes up nearly half their population. I won't go as far as city states, but certainly something better than the Fisher-Price approach to the cities that the province currently exerts.

Agreed. Although extreme, movements Toronto becoming a "city state" or province do make good points.

It may've been discussed, but did anyone else notice the black Range Rover on the driveway? Any word on if had Lisi's plates?

And after watching that cp24 vid I'm thinking he's on straight cocaine, more than likely mixed with valium or benzos.

Scarberian had a post #80218 with a link to the Star and Storify that included a photo of the RR...I know there are quite a few UT'ers who keep track of minutiae so maybe someone will recognize the number.... BHCS-331....

nope

B821360345Z.1_20130817102336_000_G4R123FRB.2_Content.jpg

50fb638b-cb4c-4dce-96a9-29a52afbfdb8.jpg

Attachments

• B821360345Z.1_20130817102336_000_G4R123FRB.2_Content.jpg
    B821360345Z.1_20130817102336_000_G4R123FRB.2_Content.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 921
  • BvmKz-NIQAAKFFy.jpg
    BvmKz-NIQAAKFFy.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 686
  • 50fb638b-cb4c-4dce-96a9-29a52afbfdb8.jpg
    50fb638b-cb4c-4dce-96a9-29a52afbfdb8.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 911
Last edited:

Not any of the plates listed in the ITO. But Lisi had new plates issued once just during the surveillance period (July 8/13 surveillance, pg 167). But I doubt he'd show up anyways.

Scarberian had a post #80218 with a link to the Star and Storify that included a photo of the RR...I know there are quite a few UT'ers who keep track of minutiae so maybe someone will recognize the number.... BHCS-331....

his plates until July 4 - BNWH091
after July 8: BSCR443
(ITO page 167)

edited to add: The Land Rover is not registered to Lisi. He also drove a red Mustang and probably is driving something else now.

Last edited:
I disagree. I really don't think he's appeared high in any of his recent appearances. Medicated, perhaps, but not overly so and definitely not high. Let's not let the baseless speculation get too out of control. Mushrooms?!?!

I agree he was "medicated" in the back-from-rehab interviews. But he's been "medicated" and more since then. If you can't see it, then maybe you don't have a lot of experience with drug users or you don't know what you're looking for. I will say that as addicts go, Ford is really good at hiding it.

And yeah, mushrooms - the tight giddy smile when talking and the desperately trying to act and sound normal are part of that package. MDMA's a better guess, but there's no eye shakes.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 5m
"He's done a fantastic job" Mayor Rob Ford on Cllr Doug Ford's performance as Ward 2 councillor #TOpoli

I got my laugh of the day!

I would think D Ford would do a bang up in the least active ward in city based on Community Council activity
EYCC has had 1397 items (in 35 meetings) come before it 2010/14 of those only 60 were specific to Ward 2 including
3 regarding Windsor Dr
3 regarding Resources Dr
5 regarding Humberwood Blvd area
5 Liquor
6 Fire routes
11 Exemptions and encroachments
most of the rest to with roads (parking, speed, stops etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back