1.9K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 891     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does it take to host a debate? could we somehow have a UT debate somewhere?

i'd love to have us moderating... where no candidate is allowed to proceed with a sentence if it contains a "non truth". as in, literally interrupt them if they are stretching the truth or lying, and make them address reality.

jesus christ - who the hell chose these questions? they're all just red meat BS for Rob!

My thoughts exactly. I turned the stream off when Chris Selley announced they were closing off with "What is your position on the Municipal Land Transfer Tax?" I know Ford is just going to bluster about how he wants to kill it but the lefties on council won't let him, and his supporters in the audience will cheer. This is depressing. And I practically gagged when he insisted that nobody in the city has done more for low-income youth than he has. I wish one of the other candidates had been willing to come out and ask how he was helping out young people like Anthony Smith.

On a side note: amazing how much more "on" Ford is than he was in council last week. It really is apparent that all he really enjoys is campaigning.

Ford doubling down on the 1.1 billion dollar savings figure. Selley allows him to run overtime with it, cut off a rebuttal. Best Selley can manage is "there are some different interpretations available on that number."

This is a joke.

Paul Sarachino and dubious Ford Staff members.

Is there a connection to 'Little' Dino Saracino, a New York "soldier" now living at the largesse of the state?

It is interesting that Paul Sarachino was being hired by Doug Ford (September 30, 2013) just as Rob Ford's bully-boy, Sandro, was being arrested (October 1, 2013.)

Well, if Rob figures he won the debate, he'll prob'ly wanna go out tonight, guys, and "celebrate" a little, and his boys will say, hey, a little can't hurt, and ... well, we'll just wait for the videos to come rolling in tomorrow morning.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if this is Stintz's A-game, she simply doesn't deserve the job.

Have to say the same for Chow. Tory came off reasonably well, Ford is slathered in red meat and Soknacki, bless his soul, is oiling his slide ruler.

Guys, Ford was able to access child care spending stats instantly for a "random" audience question?! I'm so thinking these questions were set up or given to Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back