348     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 488     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the tweets but didn't listen to it. Dale said Doug told Joe that The Star and Globe were lucky to have been invited to the speech. Dale also said Joe was defending Dale quite a bit. I am surprised at this because he has taken shots at him on twitter frequently.

UMM... Star & Globe were not in the room. What the hell is Doug on?
As to Dale and Worms, there was a few odd respectful tweets out of Worms a few days ago. (haven't checked if they are still there) I think he's jelly.

ddale8 10:31pm via Twitter Web Client
Doug Ford, on Warmington's radio show, attributes heckling of Rob Ford to "campaigns putting people in there."

ddale8 10:34pm via Twitter Web Client
Doug Ford on East York man Joe Killoran: "This guy looked like a complete raving lunatic from the left. He had no shirt on."

That lunatic was buck naked! Pride is over dotchaknow.

As to Dale and Worms, there was a few odd respectful tweets out of Worms a few days ago. (haven't checked if they are still there) I think he's jelly.

Yeah, Dale was in the room yesterday. He interrupted the campaign portion of the speech twice and was told by one of Ford's thugs that he'd have to leave if it happened again.

This is from twitter tonight:

Mary Ann ‏@cinemaven 1h

@ddale8 "has to pull stuff outta my column to get him on record" says @joe_warmington

I don't know who the tweeter Mary Ann is, and I didn't listen because why would I listen to 1010?

They were in the room. It was Elizabeth Church and Daniel Dale. Royson and Marcus Gee couldn't get in. Nor Doolittle who, really, isn't even a reporter on that beat anymore. She just wanted to go on principle.

The big excluded outlets were CP (who I heard might have squeezed in, actually), NOW, and Metroland. (Also Torontoist, but when the "real" media aren't getting in they're not going to let some blog in, even if they're doing some of the best coverage in town.)

DD was apparently in. He was the only one who shouted out questions.

And remember: a lot of this this happened *despite* his using his son as a shield.

This is what I and others will remember from Ford's first post-rehab outing, that he trotted out one of his kids.

He didn't apologize to or even acknowledge his family at his first post-SpaHab publicity stunt, so it's particularly jarring to see him with his son today (case in point - the fact that Doug is so rarely seen that a few people including myself wondered at first glance whether it was "his kid").

wtf.jpg

Thanks to all who have posted today. It's been informative, but also bewildering and nauseating ...

I used to be sure that Rob and Doug were horribly flawed humans who by a horrible chain of improbable events got way more power and fame than they ought to get. I still think that's true, but I'm not so sure anymore. Some kind of hideous extraterrestrial experiment seems like just about as plausible an explanation for today's events.

Seriously, consider Plan A and Plan B, for Rob's first full day back from rehab ...

Plan A. Rob lays low in Etobicoke reconnecting with family and friends. (Not including scuzzy criminal friends who want Rob to ingest booze and drugs immediately.) Doug, in a low-key way, says to media, Rob's got a lot of personal stuff to deal with, please don't expect any public appearances for a few days.

Plan B. FUCK UP IN PUBLIC JUST ABOUT AS HARD AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT GETTING DRUNK OR DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL!!! BOTH GUYS!!!

They go for Plan B. This is why I am contemplating a theory about extraterrestrials.

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 861
Collectively stand corrected Re Dale. Who is not long for CH, promoted to D.C. (which may have had something to do with that. The B.S. about Dale at the fence at RoFo's may have had too.)

Well, time for another FWIW post from this corner.

Perfect July 1, by the way. Charmed. Considering the weather predictions. Hope y'all had a good one!

Went to a neighbour's BBQ, Eclectic group, as one might expect from a buncha 'neighbours'. Anyway, one was an intermediately ranked cop. Good person. We were chatting and, of course, the RoFo sitch was brought up. Their opinion: Nobody in the TPS gives one f^ck about either major Ford. Politically.

According to this member, the general TPS view is they are likely criminals from an alleged criminal family with a well recognized criminal history. Their due will be the procedurally correct remedy to their actions, past and present. Procedure is long.

And as we munched our BBQ dinner and watched the sun go down, the police person remarked that it was awesome that the cold front moved in without causing a storm. The subject moved on. As well it ought.

Last edited:
ddale8 10:34pm via Twitter Web Client
Doug Ford on East York man Joe Killoran: "This guy looked like a complete raving lunatic from the left. He had no shirt on."

They go for Plan B. This is why I am contemplating a theory about extraterrestrials.

Mikey is gonna sign up tomorrow

I have to agree that this craziness *is* now entering the realm of outer space.
Delusions of grandeur. Paranoia. Magical thinking. Lying beyond rational possibility.
Today was only Day 2.

rob-ford-kim-kardashian.jpg
And my favourite quote from Shirtless Jogger: "A lot of students think of politics as like an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. I’m not even kidding. They think it’s another tawdry reality show."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back