News   Jul 16, 2024
 330     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timmie's lied by omission.

I can see how you would read it that way. However, that's called corporate communications and it's always done in a way to avoid putting the company in the middle of it. There were many questions and assertions that Doug way lying and all they did was confirm Doug's story about being there was true. However, they did not at any point state their staff was mistaken. And as I recall there was at least 1 staff, in addition to Cayla who confirmed RoFo's presence. IF their staff had been mistaken, they likely would have said that. Not wanting to lie, they just ignored that part which allows us to parse the message, some wrongly, some correctly.

Does anyone know the status of the ranked ballots initiative? Did it die with the last provincial legislature? Is it slated to be resurrected or are we back to square one? I know it can't help with the upcoming muni election but it would be nice to have something to look forward to for next time.

Liberals ran on a platform of making it possible for Ontario municipalities to choose ranked ballots in future elections. With a majority government now, there are no excuses to delay this.

Latest Forum poll from this morning's Star:

Chow - 34%
Ford - 27%
Tory - 24%

As usual he dominates with the youngest, most uneducated voters. Good news is that 58% said Ford should resign, and the overall results confirm that without new support, it will be difficult for him to win.

It's a Forum Research poll. Take their 'findings' with not just a grain of salt, but a whole shaker full.

Liberals ran on a platform of making it possible for Ontario municipalities to choose ranked ballots in future elections. With a majority government now, there are no excuses to delay this.

They have other priorities - budget being the biggie. Could easily be delayed enough to miss the 2018 municipal election cycle.

Code:
I think he got a little boost for just being absent. Being back will hurt him more than it will help. There's no way he does not screw up in the next 4 months. He's been unable to do this for years. And this spa-rehab did not fix many of his other issues.

That's my sense, too. Since he's not visibly/actively messing up, some of his soft support is returning to the fold. Either that, or one of the last two polls was an outlier.

Last edited:
Donovan was just talking about the murder rant video. He danced around the question of who RoFo was going to poke his eyes out, and rip his throat out, speculating that the intended victim could be MacIntyre, Blair, even him.
He definitely knows a lot more than he is saying.

Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 1.20.54 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 1.20.54 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 1.20.54 PM.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 811
Donovan was just talking about the murder rant video. He danced around the question of who RoFo was going to poke his eyes out, and rip his throat out, speculating that the intended victim could be MacIntyre, Blair, even him.
He definitely knows a lot more than he is saying.

Ya, he also hinted at having info on CAS taking his kids a few months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back