349     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 508     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 628     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. But still, the electors keep putting this jerk in office. Stupid electors? Or, is there a lack of will out there -- like, where are the good candidates and why can't someone campaign successfully against this fucking goofball?

I think it's stupid electors. Please, someone prove me wrong.

Well, the electors are getting smarter then.

In 2003 he ran unopposed.

BUT…

500 fewer people voted for him in 2010 than did in 2006 (about a 10% drop).

AND…

It doesn't seem like that much a drop, except that almost 30% more people voted in Ward 7 during the 2010 election than the 2006.

In 2006, he won with ~63% of the vote.
In 2010, it was just under 44%.

A nearly 20% drop between the two elections, which means even then people were fed up enough with him to get out and vote *against* him. Worse yet than 8 other people decided they needed to run against him in a ward where two elections earlier he ran unopposed.

And this was ALL before hitching himself to the Ford Wagon and his questionably cheap apartment and campaign finance issues (and potential charges) arose.

As long as he doesn't run unopposed, he's pretty much guaranteed to lose. Consider everything he does at this point to be hail-mary passes attempting to appeal to someone (anyone!) to vote for him. That includes his on-again/off-again love for Ford, outrageous comments, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him dancing shirtless on a float during the pride parade, he's that desperate.

Last edited:
A plethora of stupider quotes today. Hasn't he changed his personal life in rehab already?

JProskowGlobal 12:00pm via TweetDeck
Doug Ford says "the media can't have the circus that chases [Rob] around, that sits outside his office".

And why can't they? Has Doug forgot that Rob is still, at least in name, the Mayor? It is completely acceptable that the media would be interested in the Chief Magistrate.

If those two clowns don't want the media around, they can always resign.

In 2006, he won with ~63% of the vote.
In 2010, it was just under 44%.

A nearly 20% drop between the two elections, which means even then people were fed up enough with him to get out and vote *against* him.

Apologies for being the math equivalent a grammar nazi, but that's a drop of nearly 20 points, not percent. But here's the good news: it's a larger fall in terms of percentage, well north of 25%.

PS. Thanks for posting the info.

Apologies for being the math equivalent a grammar nazi, but that's a drop of nearly 20 points, not percent. But here's the good news: it's a larger fall in terms of percentage, well north of 25%.

PS. Thanks for posting the info.

Yeah, you're right. It was a post written in haste.

Rob's big on the locks. I've heard that the first thing he did after getting elected was immediately install three deadbolts on his office door, a door that, until that point, was always unlocked. Looks like he's still planning to have some things he wants to hide.

The other thing he did (this is second hand information from someone who talked to a person who'd been a city hall employee through five previous Mayors) is clear out a book shelf that was filled with autographed first editions that were gifts from various dignitaries, and replace them with over-sized chocolate bars. Apparently, from the outer office, hearing the sound of those bars being unwrapped was a very common occurrence.

Loves locks, loves candy, hates books. Got it.

I am amazed that even at this late date, I am still learning things about RF that make me shake my head.

I've often seen references to a $9 billion difference between what Toronto pays into federal and provincial tax pools (all taxes combined -- income, sales, etc...) and what it receives back...but does anyone have a citation for that?

I once read a report commissioned by and for David Miller that came to that conclusion...and I believe has been taken as gospel since...however that was prior to Gas Tax sharing and the uploading by the province since 2009...I couldn't hazard a guess anymore except to say that difference is substanially less today...the big items haven't been touched yet Social Housing and Transit operating budget

Parkdale Community Spirit and femaile Musik employees exploitation.

Seethingly angry right now. He is so insane and has absolutely no lines he won't cross to further his own messed up agenda. My neighbourhood is AMAZING. I have never lived anywhere where I've felt the spirit of community like that which exists in Parkdale. Screw him!

Have lived in Parkdale and worked in Parkdale for many years, I live downtown now, but I have to say you are right about spirit of community in Parkdale. I take it personally when people attack the neighbourhood. Probably more men ogling young women at Musik, the way young women employees are forced to dress in that establishment.

see: June 17, 2014 Toronto Life article:
http://www.torontolife.com/informer...sin-city-with-snow-torontos-vip-club-scene/4/

I once read a report commissioned by and for David Miller that came to that conclusion...and I believe has been taken as gospel since...however that was prior to Gas Tax sharing and the uploading by the province since 2009...I couldn't hazard a guess anymore except to say that difference is substanially less today...the big items haven't been touched yet Social Housing and Transit operating budget

I've found sources that cite an $11b net outflow from 2005, but I can't find a more recent source to support the $9b number.

The other thing he did (this is second hand information from someone who talked to a person who'd been a city hall employee through five previous Mayors) is clear out a book shelf that was filled with autographed first editions that were gifts from various dignitaries, and replace them with over-sized chocolate bars. Apparently, from the outer office, hearing the sound of those bars being unwrapped was a very common occurrence.

I have heard this also from a member of City Hall staff and a close friend.

not verified and not a single tweet even though the account exists since January 2010???
And the profile photo is the same as from the website for the book:
http://www.kevindonovanbooks.ca/about.html

so anyone could have made that account. Or changed an existing account recently... just sayin'

Slightly embarrassed that the overworked Kat_YYZ had to do due diligence for me. Unfollowed for now.

New Rob Ford photo:

robford11.jpg

http://www.gramfeed.com/instagram/744994756346990267_240186490

So now it's really apparent that he's spending more time in the Bracebridge area than in rehab, right??? right??????

Attachments

• robford11.jpg
    robford11.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,030
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back