4.2K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe time is different in Muskoka? That Healy Lake Girls link says the last updates are May 22, 2014 ... which is tomorrow! Perhaps bad dates are an epidemic up north :)

Some software will fail to take the user's timezone into account when showing dates (especially if it's misconfigured), so it could simply be that there was an update made today and it's already May 22, 2014 in the GMT timezone.

(It's possible that I am taking your post too seriously).

Last edited:
It said a "source at Greenestone" said she was discharged. Could have been anyone, a cook, a busboy, maid service etc.

Wait.... Rob Ford's rehab doesn't have AA meetings????? Is that normal?

Pretty normal. Must residential rehabs consider themselves lived variations on the 12 steps. A meeting would be superfluous. Like ordering pizza to be delivered at a mcdonalds.

Even if a rehab did have them as part of their kitchen-sink strategy, taking someone external to one while in residential treatment is really odd and stupid.

I've only been to a few AA meetings out of curiosity. Hand the people there were wasted.

Agreed about the videos, and timing with her being drunk and all, so why is the OPP fudging details in the press release?
maybe they just made a mistake. that's usually the answer rather than looking for nefarious conspiracies. ;)
or as Cooper said, they typed it yesterday.

Why is the rehab telling us when she was discharged? Or even confirming that she was ever a client?

It said a "source at Greenestone" said she was discharged. Could have been anyone, a cook, a busboy, maid service etc.
She says so herself in the video "I was, but not anymore" so maybe she's sort of 'waived' her right to privacy in that way?

Pretty normal. Must residential rehabs consider themselves lived variations on the 12 steps. A meeting would be superfluous. Like ordering pizza to be delivered at a mcdonalds.

Even if a rehab did have them as part of their kitchen-sink strategy, taking someone external to one while in residential treatment is really odd and stupid.

I've only been to a few AA meetings out of curiosity. Hand the people there were wasted.

So it is odd, right? Waiting for your input before I form any opinions on this, lol.

Well, it seems Greenestone has AA on site and also allows clients to go off-site. Seems a bad idea for new clients (i.e. a nice chance to get some booze/drugs).

From Twitter:
@LaRocqueSays
Just got a handy polling call asking who I would elect mayor: Olivia, John, Karen, David or DOUG. #TOpoli
8:28pm - 21 May 14

BTW this guy is running for councillor in Ward 2.

I know my inpatient rehab had NO outside groups or meetings. The Donwoods Institute didn't preach a 12 step program either.

My father has been in AA for 30 yrs.+.
I have been to many meetings for medallion celebrations etc.... no one(unless new to program) is ever drunk.

But anyways, RoFo isn't going to succeed at changing his drunk driving, drug consuming, misogynist, sexist, racist, 'best friend McKnuckle sandwiching. ways.
Everyday there still is some RoFo/Dofo event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back