1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 542     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's sex tape revelations would seem to jive with Metromans comments of a week or so ago that Rofo was not going to rehab but hiding out or on the run...

Are they new revelations or warmed-over old rumours? I first saw online comments about "Ford sex tape in hands of media and READY TO ROLL as soon as they get the go-ahead!!!" six months ago.

Tonight's sex tape revelations would seem to jive with Metromans comments of a week or so ago that Rofo was not going to rehab but hiding out or on the run...

All part of the same self-feeding rumour cycle. If there was a sex tape it was either shot by a. The drug dealers, b. The girl's "employers" or a third party blackmailer, c. RoFo or d. Someone else.

A. If it was the drug dealers they would have been talking about it on the same wiretaps as the drugs. No reason for the cops to exclude that from the ITO so most likely not drug dealers.

B. If it was a setup and the girl was in on it, then they'd be smart enough to keep it between them and Ford. However if she's a pro it's unlikely that they would go the blackmail route since that's bad for business. Same as if it caught on a Muzik security cam.

C. If RoFo or MiFo or SanLi or god help us RenFo shot it (all highly unlikely) for personal use then they would be smart enough to keep it on the down low. It wouldn't be flying around as a rumour.

D. Someone else (e.g. Random party attendee) is plausible but the person would have either shopped it around or pushed it out for free by now. Plus they wouldn't be able to keep it quiet for this long.

The rumour mill narrative doesn't support any of these scenarios so most likely it's just a rumour.

This is a lot like the Laureen Harper rumour. It had legs because it sounded plausible and some people wanted it to be true. But if you ask someone in the press (I have) they say that a lot of reporters looked into it in detail and came up blank. If it were real there would have been a trail, and the CPC couldn't have ordered a coverup.

Therefore, unless new evidence comes to light the RoFo sex tape story is most likely fiction.

ETA: I totally buy that a teenaged hooker could have flossed with RoFo's stubby while people watched. I just don't think there is documentary evidence floating around.

Last edited:

I don't quite buy that. Hiding out or on the run and parading around in Muskoka? Even RoFo is not THAT stupid.

I'm wondering if an arrest will come soon after he returns. The Brazen team has probably been able to catch their breathe from Ford's seemingly endless debacle of incriminating foibles. They could be using the time that he is "in rehab" to wrap things up and put the dots together.

Anyone have any intel on this? Jimmi?

From the Star:

"NBA charges Donald Sterling with damaging the league.

NBA also announces hearing planned for June 3, after which owners could vote to terminate his ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers."

This is in addition to banning him for life and a $2.5million fine. All this because of a recording of him making racist remarks which are tame by RoFo's standards!!

Meanwhile, our mayor is..........

Where is the justice in this world??

I'm wondering if an arrest will come soon after he returns. The Brazen team has probably been able to catch their breathe from Ford's seemingly endless debacle of incriminating foibles. They could be using the time that he is "in rehab" to wrap things up and put the dots together.

I doubt it. The cops need a witness or direct evidence. Unless Lisi rolls on the extortion, I don't think they have anything beyond a circumstantial case. It's possible to get a conviction on circumstantial evidence, but the Crown dosen't seem to have a big appetite for it, judging by reports on the whole OPP thing. I do wonder what's become of the phone evidence, though.

All part of the same self-feeding rumour cycle. If there was a sex tape it was either shot by a. The drug dealers, b. The girl's "employers" or a third party blackmailer, c. RoFo or d. Someone else.

A. If it was the drug dealers they would have been talking about it on the same wiretaps as the drugs. No reason for the cops to exclude that from the ITO so most likely not drug dealers.

B. If it was a setup and the girl was in on it, then they'd be smart enough to keep it between them and Ford. However if she's a pro it's unlikely that they would go the blackmail route since that's bad for business. Same as if it caught on a Muzik security cam.

C. If RoFo or MiFo or SanLi or god help us RenFo shot it (all highly unlikely) for personal use then they would be smart enough to keep it on the down low. It wouldn't be flying around as a rumour.

D. Someone else (e.g. Random party attendee) is plausible but the person would have either shopped it around or pushed it out for free by now. Plus they wouldn't be able to keep it quiet for this long.

The rumour mill narrative doesn't support any of these scenarios so most likely it's just a rumour.

This is a lot like the Laureen Harper rumour. It had legs because it sounded plausible and some people wanted it to be true. But if you ask someone in the press (I have) they say that a lot of reporters looked into it in detail and came up blank. If it were real there would have been a trail, and the CPC couldn't have ordered a coverup.

Therefore, unless new evidence comes to light the RoFo sex tape story is most likely fiction.

ETA: I totally buy that a teenaged hooker could have flossed with RoFo's stubby while people watched. I just don't think there is documentary evidence floating around.

You forgot the mob :p

Doug's attack on the Griffin Centre certainly isn't going to help grow Ford's voting base around the city, but it might help protect the "family" seat in Ward 2. Even with the city-wide backlash over the weekend, it seems some local residents felt their fears about autistic youth living among them were justified, and that Doug was representing their concerns (once again illustrating the moral bankruptcy of the Ford Nation voting bloc) I wonder if the Fords are growing worried that the scandals might hurt them in their traditional political stronghold.

This occurred to me as well. It may also just be a matter of Thug doubling down the pandering to "the base" because he realizes they're all he has left. And let's face it, beating up on smaller, weaker targets - like autistic kids, say - gets right to the heart and soul (such as it is) of Ford Nayshun.

Whatever the specifics, it had the feeling of a calculated move to me. Thug's been AWOL in his ward for weeks now; months, even. And he decides to resurface to make this nasty little stand? No, he obviously figures he has something to gain here. Though in fairness, I should mention I do think he was expressing his opinion honestly, being that he's a worthless piece of scum and all.

Wishful thinking friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back