3.2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 621     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, BTW, where did you get this photo, Casita? I don't at all remember inviting you to my bar mitzvah.

:p < smile >

If, heaven forbid the worst was to happen, they'd have to name something after Rob. A ferry was named after Mayor McBride, and a swimming pool after Mayor Summerville.

Speaking of tempers...

"Nathan Phillips recalled that as an alderman, McBride had a terrible temper. He once got into a fist fight with a fellow alderman and once threw a can of beans at alderman Joe Beamish, missing Beamish, but leaving a dent in the panelling of the council chamber."

Last edited:
I can't picture Ford shooting up heroin. But maybe snorting the stuff. It makes sense that he might do that in a washroom and nod off for an hour. With coke, you do a line and you want to go out, not spend your entire time in a washroom.

If only we could be as cool as you. Anyway, not letting things go to your head isn't that difficult. MM wasn't capable of that.

I don't think I'm cool for having cringed at it. Blind hero worship of a man who relishes in it is scary stuff. It's why FordNation exists, and it means rational thinking has been left by the wayside.

I've been coming to this forum for the past two years because it's been a relative bastion of rational thinking (Peepers, Cowboylogic and the like aside), especially compared to Reddit and #ToPoli. The number of people I'd like to filter out of my twitter search query exceeds the character length. And then there's facebook…

Seeing traits I associate with FordNationals in UTers makes me cringe. Whether that's my issue or theirs, I don't know.

I can't picture Ford shooting up heroin. But maybe snorting the stuff. It makes sense that he might do that in a washroom and nod off for an hour. With coke, you do a line and you want to go out, not spend your entire time in a washroom.

Yes, it does make sense, and fits the pattern: sometimes he comes out of the washroom quickly (coke) and sometimes he comes out after an hour (hezza) speaking gibberish. I too find it hard to envision him grappling with the equipment needed to inject.

From the wonderful "I support 'Mayor Rob Ford', and I forgive 'Rob Ford' in his personal life." facebook page:

Wow!!! I just got "unfriended" for defending Ford. What a wimp. Lmao. Some people refuse to be wrong. Espescially on his own wall...

Jenna D Dallas Not just a FB friend. The husband of my good friend!!! Thing is... he keeps posting very negative posts on Ford. So all his 500 friends see it and pissibly develop negativity towards Ford so they share it to their 500 friends and so on... he was bashing Ford for his problems YET he himself is an alcoholic and messes up ALL the time!!! I simply said this time that Ford didnt go away for crack. He went in for ALCOHOL!! His reply was weak and he deleted me. Hilarious!!!

Jenna D Dallas Id gladly lose all my friends for Ford.

Wow. Just when you think you've seen it all...

Do you think RoFo has ever done speedballs? Isn't that what killed John Belushi, shooting heroin and cocaine?
There is a similarity in body types with those two. An already stressed heart, and body will eventually not be able to take all the substances pushed though it.
If RF doesn't get clean soon, he may not get another chance.

also killed actors River Phoenix, Chris Farley and Philip Seymour Hoffman

Snorting heroin takes a little longer for the high to kick in and you usually vomit right after.
I thought you only vomit when you take it for the first time. After that first time you spend every other time trying to get that first high but you never do. But, what do I know.

:p < smile >

If, heaven forbid the worst was to happen, they'd have to name something after Rob. A ferry was named after Mayor McBride, and a swimming pool after Mayor Summerville.

Speaking of tempers...

"Nathan Phillips recalled that as an alderman, McBride had a terrible temper. He once got into a fist fight with a fellow alderman and once threw a can of beans at alderman Joe Beamish, missing Beamish, but leaving a dent in the panelling of the council chamber."

I'm not sure that I want to know why he had a can of beans handy.

ETA: But, I'll bet you can tell us why!

...I too find it hard to envision him grappling with the equipment needed to inject.

Which would explain Lisi going in there with him, and why it would take Ford so long to do on his own. Having never used heroin, I am venturing a guess that it does not take an hour to inject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back