Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 10.05.10 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 10.05.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 10.05.10 PM.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 615
Y'know, going back to this thread's pre-history, some of you may remember a poster--would it have been Fresh Start?--well, he was a pretty vocal Fordista who used up a lot of thread oxygen; yet he also happened to be a queer (and apparently "creative class") east ender who was actively working to defeat Sandra Bussin, etc etc.

Well, I remember subsequently reading of this, and wondering to myself: could it be, could it be...

I know it's not good practice to "out" a UTer--but maybe, now, posthumously, it's worth reflecting on how I *may* have inadvertently unwrapped somebody's bandages. (Of course, I *could* be wrong.)

Wrongo, not him.

AoD

On a side note, we could probably get an interesting thread going on crazy encounters in the yonge bloor washroom!

This thread has reached warp speed (Mr. Sulu). Take the time to type two or three words and you're three or four posts behind.

Since we have some experts here, which drug makes your arm shake uncontrollably?

Probably coke and long time addiction related. As many have mentioned Rob is most likely cross addicted with alcohol being his jet fuel. Whatever hides the pain that day. I am no expert on drugs but I lived as an art student in the 1990's near Queen/Broadview (during the biker wars) and my nieghbours were junkies. Didn't touch the stuff but I saw it all.

Crack for sure. Makes people really agitated. Some people dance around doing weird pirouettes. Some whip their arms back and forth really quickly. It's strange to watch.

In Vancouver, they call it the Hastings Shuffle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8azOx2uad3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y54YbwuQbt4

Fits with the "March madness" story that, after emerging from the small room he entered with Lisi, Ford spent two hours pacing back and forth. (It has always seemed to me that the various videos show an agitated, not merely a drunk, person.)

Probably coke and long time addiction related. As many have mentioned Rob is most likely cross addicted with alcohol being his jet fuel. Whatever hides the pain that day. I am no expert on drugs but I lived as an art student in the 1990's near Queen/Broadview (during the biker wars) and my nieghbours were junkies. Didn't touch the stuff but I saw it all.

No doubt they were all alcoholics who just made "bad choices" to use drugs because they were drunk. (Yeah, sure.)

Keep in mind a couple of things--(1) 15-20 years ago, the Ford family didn't necessarily have the universally-known goonish rep as now, even if the kids already had their, uh, "quirks"--so there wasn't necessarily anything lost through such a paid gig, at that time. And (2) remember that erstwhile Tory fixer/strategist Allan Gregg managed the Hip in its early days...

Allan Gregg was a Mulroney-era Tory. His dissatisfaction with the current regime is fairly summarized here. Whatever his truck and trade with minor players like the Fords would be, who knows? That said, and I could be totally wrong on this, Gregg took a flyer on Jake Gold's gut thing for the Hip and bankrolled The Management Trust when the money was rolling in for Decima. 1993 killed his rep. I respect the guy because he's got (had?) the ability to chase intuition with stats and create plausible paths to winning. Maybe not for your team or my own, but he did do that. Not sure when his association with THip ended, but likely prior to the ascendance of any Ford to power.

Fits with the "March madness" story that, after emerging from the small room he entered with Lisi, Ford spent two hours pacing back and forth. (It has always seemed to me that the various videos show an agitated, not merely a drunk, person.)

You also recall him saying his kids were taken away in that story? CAS placed them with relatives for a month. Star would never report that though.

You also recall him saying his kids were taken away in that story? CAS placed them with relatives for a month. Star would never report that though.

Yes. For a bunch of reasons I think that the MSM would not report a CAS intervention, and the idea that the kids would be placed with Renata's parents in order to see if a more radical approach could be avoided seems to fit with what I gather to be CAS methods. (Nor is there any reason to think badly of that if her parents are decent people.)

Yes. For a bunch of reasons I think that the MSM would not report a CAS intervention, and the idea that the kids would be placed with Renata's parents in order to see if a more radical approach could be avoided seems to fit with what I gather to be CAS methods. (Nor is there any reason to think badly of that if her parents are decent people.)

Yep but even that didn't cause him to sober up. It was the recordings months later that threatened his reelection bid. Tells you what he's all about

A lot of heated chit-chat in other arenas, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back