3.2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 621     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean Blundell teasing podcast where he says Mamoliti dishes on things like Fords heroin use, which rehab he's in (I already know but...) and more. Could be overselling it or could be interesting.

Maybe it was one of those deals where a member of the Hip was at the party as an invited guest and got up to play a song or two with the house band - and the story got spun from there.... cuz we all know how the Fords lie.
Or maybe Randy once played New Orleans Is Sinking on the boombox and over the years the story morphed into The Hip playing a concert in their backyard.

Dean Blundell teasing podcast where he says Mamoliti dishes on things like Fords heroin use, which rehab he's in (I already know but...) and more. Could be overselling it or could be interesting.
Hey, tell us! You're among friends. We won't tell anyone. :)
Anyway, DB is rofo-lite, can't stand that guy.

edit: Although I don't wanna pressure you, so that it goes to your head, you make up stuff, and then start yelling at random people: "Where's my t-baggers at?" at Yonge and Dundas, in a drugged up stupor. :)

Last edited:
You think all this time Fords main vice has been heroin and that's what he does in the washroom for an hour?

I don't think this is Rob's first attempt at drying up. Rob has a pattern of acting up then hiding. I mentioned in my first post on this thread that in Dec 2012 my wife and (4yr old) daughter were flying out of Pearson and bumped into Rob Ford walking around the terminal by himself. He had a Florida ticket. A friend and writer at Toronto Life suggested he was seeking rehab down there near the family condos.

From Goldbie's recent NOW article:http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=197931
"In mid-December 2012, Ford was spotted in line at Pearson airport headed for places unknown. He was not seen or heard from for a week and a half afterward, and upon his return, his office confirmed rumours that he’d been in Florida. There was speculation he’d been shuffled off to rehab, but no particular indication that was the case."

So unconfirmed of course but "Two weeks prior, Ford was booted from office by a judge who ruled that he had violated provincial conflict-of-interest legislation." It does fit the dig a big old messy hole then hide in it pattern. If Rob's been doing this since childhood, a 30 day paid holiday won't do a thing.

I had assumed it was crack. Are you saying it wasn't that, or heroin? Hmmmm.........

What drug requires that time commitment? Asking because I really don't know much about illicit drugs.

Y'know, going back to this thread's pre-history, some of you may remember a poster--would it have been Fresh Start?--well, he was a pretty vocal Fordista who used up a lot of thread oxygen; yet he also happened to be a queer (and apparently "creative class") east ender who was actively working to defeat Sandra Bussin, etc etc.

Well, I remember subsequently reading of this, and wondering to myself: could it be, could it be...

I know it's not good practice to "out" a UTer--but maybe, now, posthumously, it's worth reflecting on how I *may* have inadvertently unwrapped somebody's bandages. (Of course, I *could* be wrong.)

You think all this time Fords main vice has been heroin and that's what he does in the washroom for an hour?

Rob is what we'd call a garbage can, or in proper parlance, cross-addicted. His drug of choice is the one he's about to ingest. Of this I have no doubt.

Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 9.22.02 PM.jpg

The plot thickens......... If he decided to run, how do you think it would impact the current playing field? Or what the Fords reactions would be?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 9.22.02 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 9.22.02 PM.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 780
This same thought occurred to me right after I posted the last comment. I know about some illicit drugs, but none that would take this long.

Quite a few. Cocaine. Crack. Heroin. Usually the initial hit is intense, depending on the user of course, and your're just too messed up to face the world immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back