3.2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 621     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely. He'd become the go to guy for info and that came with the pressure of needing new info to feed the curious who called on him.

Frankly, it sent a cringe through me when I'd see someone asking for new info. The same happens now when I see people asking the same of Jimmy. Here's hoping he's better at keeping humble.

If only we could be as cool as you. Anyway, not letting things go to your head isn't that difficult. MM wasn't capable of that.

It is worth reading the entire passage from the late Michael Crichton’s 2002 essay “Why Speculate?” (including to find out why he named the effect as he did)

Thanks so much for posting. Lazy journalism is one of my pet peeves, and when you look for it, it's everywhere.

F that. I've already come up with a name for my followers. Jimmi's T-baggers!

Lol!!

Anyone ever heard about the Tragically Hip playing Ford Fest? This would've been 15 years ago or so

I don't think it was ford fest per se but they did do a performance in the backyard about 15 years ago. Robbie was bragging about it at his Christmas party this year.

Anyone ever heard about the Tragically Hip playing Ford Fest? This would've been 15 years ago or so

Goldsbie in his Now article on visiting Diane's home for last year's Christmas party. "Ford’s breath visible, he swept his arm across the property, telling us how the Tragically Hip played there when they were starting out and how Raine Maida grew up just over thataway, beyond the fence"

Last edited:
The Hip started around '86-87, so they wouldn't exactly have been 'starting out' - and it pains me to read that they would ever support this goon.

Rob Ford's Mom's House isn't listed here: http://www.thehip.com/shows/ I do recall reading about it in the paper last year. I think it was something Rob had said at Ford Fest. Also, Raine Maida from Our Lady Peace lived on the other side of their backyard fence, or something.

A little enigmatic. Is there something you're not telling us?

No. My brother used to go to the Fords parties in high school because there were always rumours the hip might play a surprise gig because they supposedly played there before. Was wondering if that was just suburban legend.

I'm sorry. Rob Ford has been voted off the island.

jeff-probst.jpg

Maybe it was one of those deals where a member of the Hip was at the party as an invited guest and got up to play a song or two with the house band - and the story got spun from there.... cuz we all know how the Fords lie.

Maybe it was one of those deals where a member of the Hip was at the party as an invited guest and got up to play a song or two with the house band - and the story got spun from there.... cuz we all know how the Fords lie.

You mean the Fords might not be telling the whole story? Or exaggerating? Wouldn't be the first or last time that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back