871     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.1K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 516     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember who mentioned it on Twitter, I catch up on the TO media list I follow, and open any interesting links I see as I go along, and then read them after. I do remember someone tweeting about this though, a 14 yr old at the time, who was one of the deputants against library budget cuts at 14 years old, who cried through her presentation because she was so intimidated by speaking in public, but the issue was important enough to her to speak, despite that. Here is a current interview with her. If more young people like her were this engaged, we'd be fine.

Btw, apparently Ford was very dismissive of her after her presentation, while many others were moved to tears. Typical.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-and-her-message-got-through/article18405810/

that was Tabatha Southey

The Ford Family circus should be inundated with questions by the press why Rub needs rehab but Kathy the crack pipe owner doesn't. She's fair game, a convicted criminal whose past lovers/associates are scumbags of epic repute.

Hahaha... Rob better take a look for the knife in his back while in "rehab"

reporterdonpeat 11:21pm via HootSuite
“I have no comment on that” Doug Ford when asked if he'd run for mayor if Rob Ford drops out ow.ly/wqXWd

Last edited:
NO big surprise, hasn't anyone noticed that all Ford branding is interchangeable? It doesn't say Rob on it - it just says Ford for Mayor.

I told this story a while ago. When Ford was first elected I'm at a dinner party and my brothers brother in law is shocked that Ford was elected. He says he can't believe Ford was elected because his buddy scores drugs off of him. Present tense. I found it hard to believe but told Doolittle and Dale that they might want to start asking around about it. They seemed to dismiss the suggestion though. Look where we are now!

Jimmy you rock my world

The Ford Family circus should be inundated with questions by the press why Rub needs rehab but Kathy the crack pipe owner doesn't. She's fair game, a convicted criminal whose past lovers/associates are scumbags of epic repute.

Because Kathy can't afford rehab. What, you think the family is going to pay for that?

I know I have posted this before, but I think it stands to be posted again. :)
It could be that RoFo is being forced to stay in politics by Doug and Diane.
Whenever he is drunk, RF says he doesn't like politics, he knows his family life needs work, and he has a better sense of what reality is. However, when he is sober, his 'handlers' D+D seem to program him to say whatever they want, to continue their illusion of a Ford political dynasty.
[video=youtube;LCjBOZ4r9Ck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCjBOZ4r9Ck[/video]
So, DoFo could of course take over the reigns, since he is the one Diane trusts the most.

This past week has certainly been a hell of a ride. Trying to keep up is challenging, to say the least, so forgive me for adding this little tidbit so late in the game. Since the night of the Leaf's game we've all been wondering who got in the cab with Ford. Last weekend, during a family gathering, my nephew, between bouts of hysterical laughter, told us a story of an old schoolmate of his who hasn't amounted to much, unless you think being a part of Toronto's drug scene is high on your list of achievements. This young man is known for spinning wild tales of things he's done and people he's rubbed elbows with, i.e. partying with celebrities. He is not a believable person. Imagine my nephew's amazement when one of his friends showed him the clip taken outside the ACC that night and there was Ritchie with his arm slung over Ford's shoulder. It appeared as though he was one of the men who bundled Robbie into the cab as well. Whether he was given a personal tour of CH by the Mayor is unknown.

That's all for now. Please carry on.

You know, I can believe that Ford himself is motivated by wanting help, it's Doug I have a hard time believing. Doug going on about yesterday being "the hardest day of my life"...if he was really on his brother's side, he'd be saying "today is the best day of my life". I've long believed that Rob wanted to do his best, but was just really not bright enough and then saddled with addiction, but always though Doug just wanted the power etc.......

Sure, it's absolutely possible that Rob wants help, but wanting it and being 100% committed to putting in the work and trusting the process are 2 different things. He actually looked sincere in late Nov/early Dec with his little workout routines. Of course -- that is not how you deal with addiction! But I think some part of him believed he could do it that way, and he was genuinely excited about the prospect of a "new self."

Maybe you know someone whom you consider smart, then s/he once told you they are on a fad diet, and you thought: "How can they be so gullible?" But they desperately want to believe in a magic solution.

Anyways, at some point in February or so, something happened -- maybe he gained back weight one week or maybe it had to do with info that came out in ITOs or something in his case -- and his enthusiasm kind of faded. He started feel sorry for himself or think it was some great injustice and probably led him to say 'screw it, this isn't working anyways' and lapse back into old ways.

On another topic: Does anyone here think Rob might actually gain some personal insight from his therapy and decide he should drop out of the race to work on his health? Long shot, I know. But it could happen. Well, maybe..... sort of.

Gaining personal insight is probably the scariest part for him (and for Doug and Diane). The rehab process opens up a real Pandora's box of your inner demons and past -- and it doesn't let you close the lid on any of it when it starts to make you uncomfortable. He would have to confront his mother and his brother on a lot of things. That family is a tangled web of dysfunction and denial and once you start to tug on on string... a lot of ugly stuff would come out. Didn't he say "my parents were never there for me" and "no one knows what I'm going through" in those reports of his recent drug-fuelled ramblings at Muzik? Oh, there are issues bubbling under the surface; the alcohol and drugs are used to hold them down.

This is great news.
Council asked to limit campaign rebates to Torontonians
By: Betsy Powell City Hall Bureau, Published on Fri May 02 2014

Generous campaign donation rebates should only go to Toronto residents and property owners not people living outside the city, say two councillors.

“It’s really not fair for Toronto taxpayers, who are paying for the rebate, to be subsidizing candidates whose support is outside Toronto,” says Councillor Joe Mihevc, who has drafted a motion for council to consider at next week’s meeting. Councillor Paul Ainslie has seconded the motion.

The practice seems also “to undermine the goal of local democratic participation, while in fact transferring tax dollars out of the City of Toronto to residents in neighbouring municipalities,” the motion says.
I know RoFo's Vaughan fundraiser was cancelled. But if he tries to hold it again when he comes back, or if DoFo steps up in his place, this legislation will make it harder for them to raise all their money outside of TO.

This is great news.

I know RoFo's Vaughan fundraiser was cancelled. But if he tries to hold it again when he comes back, or if DoFo steps up in his place, this legislation will make it harder for them to raise all their money outside of TO.

U talking about the Vaughan fundraiser with all the d-word and w- word people!

I do not want everyone to forget about slobs racism. Please repeat his words/ message as much as possible to disgust people as much as possible! In the same way the gumba bros stay on message, so should we!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back