2.7K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be missing something here, but how is what he said crude or racist? I mean it's clearly just another off-the-cuff Doug Ford lie like "he's a social liberal" or "he's the white Obama", but I don't really find there to be any racism in his comment. Mandela fought apartheid which specifically segregated black people; Mandela was black; so he said "no guys listen we support the black community".

It's dumb (HOW does he support them?) but it's not racist.

The entire Ford family seem to be only fluent in 'stupid'.

wO7KlAPhIcwWQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
ddale8
Read the first chunk of the Star's exclusive on the Ford-related investigation: http://t.co/p7FcZRTvNk
14-04-02 11:17 PM

Not the Russian mafia part, that part I think is just MetroMan blowing something out proportion. I mean his whole part about hearing rumours of higher ups slowing the arrest down and trying to politically isolate themselves from the shitstorm.

Ok that makes more sense. ;)

Not that Ford's supporters would care (even if they had the facts), but:

Is there an easily-accessible record of councillor (and mayor) requests to have votes reopened? And if so of votes for and against allowing the same? (It goes without saying that Robinoccio's repeated claim that 'it happens at every single council meeting' is Doug Ford-grade horse shit, but how often does it happen - and how often has Robinoccio opposed the very thing he was asking for?)

There is one glaring example from last year when Pam McConnell mis-voted on the bike lanes on University, anyway she actually stood up right away (not 25ish mins later) to admit the mis-vote and The Mayor refused to allow a re-vote.

Hoping someone can clarify something for me. Regarding the whole Russian mafia thing, I saw where someone linked to an article that said Hotmail Lawyer had represented a Russian mobster 10 - 15 years ago. Is that what this whole thing is based on, someone found that (or a similar) article and then passed the information on to MM and that's what he's basing the Russian connection on, or did MM hear it independently from someone with insider status, and then someone else found the article after MM's information came out?

An excellent point. sometimes it gets very hard to know when what is being shared is 'insider info from an inside source', and what are educated guesses and inferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back