3.7K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 639     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that really bothers me about Morris and Warmington claiming Rob was a victim. He smoked crack and was filmed by gang members, who then try to extort money from him. At that point Ford should have gone to the police and told them everything he knew. He could have admitted his transgressions, helped the police capture some criminals and gotten help for his addictions. Instead he lied, bullied, refused to cooperate etc. He could have stopped the shootings, stabbings and beatings, but he didn`t. Some victim.

So it seems Sandro is not talking. I wonder if David Price or Tom Beyer might roll over for the cops. That the police wanted their phone records tell me they are quite involved and might have very relevant info to nail Rob. At this stage they really should look out for their own interests. Here's hoping.

So it seems Sandro is not talking. I wonder if David Price or Tom Beyer might roll over for the cops. That the police wanted their phone records tell me they are quite involved and might have very relevant info to nail Rob. At this stage they really should look out for their own interests. Here's hoping.

Wasn't Price hung out to dry, essentially losing a six figure government job (for doing what, we don't know) after City Council suspended Ford's powers? That and the reprimand over calling into the 1010 show? I could see Price flipping.

I think Price will be the most likely to "roll" given he contacted police regarding the mayors association with the murdered Anthony Smith.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ideo_motive_for_smith_murder_police_told.html

Why more of his ex flunkies are not willing to co-operate astounds me, either he's paid for their silence or there is some unknown threat lurking over them, much like the jailhouse beating of Scott MacIntyre.

I think the consenus is that Towhey is smug and unscrupulous but I've wondered if his arch coyness and general dismissive tack belies his co-operation with police?

I'd take a few licks to see these guys charged criminally.
I'm just going off a photo so I don't know how violent the blow was, but that elbow to the head of a photographer yesterday should be sufficient for an assault charge. And with the political head of the city leading a charge aided by city-employed security staff if somehow had tumbled down the stairs or been injured in some way it might have been cause for a substantial lawsuit against the city. But he's been operating outside the rules and any sense of propriety for some time now, so it wouldn't really change anything if the press scrum turned into a brawl. The descent into wrestling would simply be a natural continuation of the path he's on, and fairly tame relative to what his friends from Dixon might bring.

One thing that really bothers me about Morris and Warmington claiming Rob was a victim. He smoked crack and was filmed by gang members, who then try to extort money from him. At that point Ford should have gone to the police and told them everything he knew. He could have admitted his transgressions, helped the police capture some criminals and gotten help for his addictions. Instead he lied, bullied, refused to cooperate etc. He could have stopped the shootings, stabbings and beatings, but he didn`t. Some victim.

I don't know about Morris, but Warmington has, rather uncharacteristically for Sun writers, some kind of long-standing grudge against the cops. Something personal.

I don't know about Morris, but Warmington has, rather uncharacteristically for Sun writers, some kind of long-standing grudge against the cops. Something personal.

I remember reading that he was one of the people caught in the rain at Queen and Spadina during the last evening of the G20. He went on a tirade for a while about that.

Ha! Torontoist has picked up on Ford's website issues: http://torontoist.com/2014/03/glad-hand-paikin-bake/
20140320GladHand.jpg

Attachments

• 20140320GladHand.jpg
    20140320GladHand.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:
I'm just going off a photo so I don't know how violent the blow was, but that elbow to the head of a photographer yesterday should be sufficient for an assault charge. And with the political head of the city leading a charge aided by city-employed security staff if somehow had tumbled down the stairs or been injured in some way it might have been cause for a substantial lawsuit against the city. But he's been operating outside the rules and any sense of propriety for some time now, so it wouldn't really change anything if the press scrum turned into a brawl. The descent into wrestling would simply be a natural continuation of the path he's on, and fairly tame relative to what his friends from Dixon might bring.

It seems like the reporters have just accepted it as part of reporting from a war zone, and their employers too, but if they don't file a complaint, aren't they normalizing it? What happens when some 98 pound reporter gets trampled under the Rhino stampede and sues City Hall and their TV station (and the Rhino)? Security is aware of the dangerous situation, which they are helping create. Their employers are aware. Ford's anger looks barely contained, and the reporters look like they're getting pissed off. Volatile situation.

This is perfect summation. Well done!

Ford's anger looks barely contained, and the reporters look like they're getting pissed off. Volatile situation.
I was at City Hall yesterday and I passed by a TV reporter and her cameraman as they were walking up the stairs and the cameraman was telling her about what happened (the Ford rampage) and he was visibly very upset. He was saying how Ford made the media look like children, like it was a kindergarten class gone wild. It's all part of his strategy to make the media look bad.

I wonder how it would have been handled differently had robbie thrown and forearm into the head of a female reporter. He's such a pos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back