96     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 230     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 642     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetroMan indicating the speculation about murder charges, mafia stuff, etcetera probably a bit outsized.

metro.JPG

Attachments

• metro.JPG
    metro.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 535
I believe JimmiT said it was shot at Payman Abudababdoo's parents' home. I think he said it was some kids goofing around, and that a friend of theirs videoed the phone.

Then the big remaining question is whether Ford is just wired and doing some kind of "bit" about wrestling or whatever, if he's really threatening Scott MacIntyre (or someone else) or something else entirely. I never took it that he was really threatening someone (it just seems sooooo over the top) but I'm curious...

MetroMan indicating the speculation about murder charges, mafia stuff, etcetera probably a bit outsized.

View attachment 23802

I always thought people were getting carried away with that stuff. Extortion, assault and related conspiracy charges in relation to retrieving the video always seemed more probable. It's not a question of all the bad things he's done, it's a question of what they can nail him for. I don't know if they need Lisi or if the iCloud stuff helped but, really, how hard should it be to connect the dots between Ford and then Lisi's efforts in Dixon to get it, to say nothing of the Basso beating?

Last edited:
The thing that always convinced me it was about someone specific (and not about arm wrestling Hulk Hogan or what would happen in a theoretical match with Mike Tyson) was that Ford calls the offending party "racist" and says they called him and his brothers "liars, thieves, and birds".

If the most serious charge is that Ford "tried to cover up" a video of him smoking crack that was taken by a bunch of drug dealers, it's going to turn him into a martyr.

If those were the only charges, the federal crown wouldn't be involved. So if Metroman is right that the feds are involved, there's more to it than obstruction of justice.

Obstruction of justice is not a minor thing for the Chief Magistrate. Smoking crack occasionally? No problem. But the leader of our city should not be preventing the police from doing their jobs.

Obstruction of justice is not a minor thing for the Chief Magistrate. Smoking crack occasionally? No problem. But the leader of our city should not be preventing the police from doing their jobs.

MetroMan knows a lot but I doubt even he knows the particulars of what evidence the police currently have.

it may be legally serious, but if the narrative is that poor little Ford was just trying to get even with the big bad people who we're blackmailing him, it's going to get messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back