1.7K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 545     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed to me that he got away with the same shit he's been getting away with since the last campaign. Responding to any criticism with unfocused eyes, chuckles and muttering, then plugging away at his totally unrelated talking points. It not being 60 Minutes or Charlie Rose or even the Daily Show, Kimmel gave him about as much as he could give him, and Ford slid through in his bubble of shamelessness and obliviousness. Saw a couple streeters on City News before it aired, and one of the audience members said something about him being an "alright guy who just likes to have a good time". But maybe if the tide turns here, as seen in a couple of the CTV Ford interviews of the last couple days, all the lazy media enablers who helped prop up the clown will suddenly realize that it's more fun to mock him and we'll finally see Ford fully in downward spiral. One misjudged yelp of enthusiasm took down Howard Dean. Certainly Ford has provided enough ammunition to fall a Russian army of Howard Deans. Please, get on with it. Finally make this guy and his f'd up family go away.

This crackhead fool criminal can do whatever he wants and that man got torn down for absolutely nothing! I don't think I'll ever forget watching his career go down the drain and not being able to understand why. I mean I wasn't a huge admirer and I'm sure he had his flaws, but he was a great candidate. And he became unelectable because he made an awkward cheering noise!?!?

If Ford hates the media so much, why does he work so hard at giving them content?

He just hates the Toronto media. He's said as much often - "it's not like we have up there" or some nonsense. Funny cause the people in LA were really hard on him - delusional guy.

Look at you all fancy with your cable. I get one channel, OTA, it's Global, and unless the weather is just right it cuts out all the time. Sucks living on the first floor facing north and not wanting to tithe the Rogers overlords.

well, yes: I was sipping a latte the whole time... ;)

well, yes: I was sipping a latte the whole time... ;)

According to your location above your posts, we'd probably be sipping lattes from the same place. I just don't like to pay for cable, since to get what I want I have to pay for a lot of what I don't want.

Maybe there should also be literacy tests for people who want to vote. No way that could be abused....

There is a background check for politicians - it's called an election campaign. It's our own damn fault if we ignore the findings.

has anybody heard any more about the supposed office he has set up in the Wexford Heights area

according to goldsbie there's a *third* version of Joe's story now:

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 8m
In a third try at his column, Warmington goes back to saying that the Kimmel audience was laughing *with* Ford: http://bit.ly/1fXaY1S

I just can't bring myself to go look at it. I have to think of my health, I need to get some sleep tonight, not just be a seething, raging mess. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back