362     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 528     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Average date for the pool: Apr 17
Median date for the pool: Apr 2
or at least that's what my basic (get it get it sigh) excel skills demonstrate.

The Oscars? Seriously? Oh, but they're such salt-of-the-earth, friends-to-the common-man, regular folk. Nuthin' snooty or fancy-pants 'bout them, no sir!

The Fords can't possibly think they're going to be welcomed with open arms by Hollywood, can they?

Haha! Maybe Giroux and Blair set this up!

I agree with the other person that said Doug and Randy will make sure Rob is on his best behaviour. Why on earth are both of them going? And who's paying?

That's what scares me, his best is terrible. I'd rather take a 2 year old out in public than him.

By "attend" the Oscars does he mean walk up to the entrance and get turned away by security because he's not invited?

The venue only sits like 3000 so I can't imagine there's any way in hell he's getting a seat unless some pretty important people pull some strings. Maybe he's invited to one of the after parties, probably doesn't even realize he's part of the entertainment.

Look at Doug being creepy (I'm assuming that's him. He looks like he's doing a bump).
Photo: Toronto Sun
1907579_10152322639029636_1469359957_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm also curious about what "attend" means.
On the one hand, like the Kardashians or Paris Hilton, it's a very sad reminder of the celebrity culture we now live in. It's revolting he's allowed to go (especially while slamming the "elitists") and baffling he doesn't get the degree to which he is the butt of jokes around the world. I'm guessing there's some poor Kimmel staffer who called and asked 50 times if he'd come on and almost dropped the phone and had a heart attack when he actually said yes. I expect the Kimmel writing staff were called in to work 24/7 to make sure they stick the landing on this.

On the other hand, if I was him, perhaps with just the barest sliver of self-awareness, I might appreciate that the mayoral ship is going down and so why the heck not go the Paris Hilton route; go on a talk show to get laughed at, take a freebie pass to the Oscars with Doug and Randy (!), live it up, you know? The 15 minutes are ticking by fast so might as well enjoy, right?

From the jackass's own mouth:

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 25m
Standing by at O'Hare, waiting for my flight #roadtrip #toronto #topoli
BhqTUP2CYAAxbfM.jpg

(it's not a roadtrip if you take a plane, Robbie. :rolleyes:)

Normally I would ask for a Chicago paper with today's date with a picture like this, however, since we know Robbie is off to the U.S west coast Babylon, then I wonder if he will be let back into Canada.

Unfortunately he is following his standard route through Chicago, so he has his people in place to let things slide.

Updated Arrest Pool...

JWFB Apr 01
JWFB's wife Apr 08

Should be:

JWBF Apr 01
JWBF's wife Apr 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back