837     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.2K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.8K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here ever heard rumours of the Fords laundering money through Deco?

i know of at least one investigative reporter who works in broadcast media looking into the Ford bros, and the possibility of Deco being used as a front for heroin trafficking.

Wow. A front wouldn't surprise me at all, but why would Robbie have to hang with street-level guys for his perse*?

*Perse, as in "Randy walks with perse, why would they care about him" (or whatever he muttered) rant vid. I think he was pissed that Macytire was also threatening to expose Randy's personal use along with whatever sordid affairs that RoF was worried about.

Is it time for Rob's driver/security guard to drop kick a few kids?

KatieSimpson24 9:18am via Twitter for iPhone
Moms and kids upset with Mayor Ford, holding a sit-in in front of Mayor Ford's office.

Ot is it time to bring out the stun gun?

KatieSimpson24 10:01am via Twitter for BlackBerry
One protestor says her 10-yr-old daughter asked her "why does Rob Ford hate gay people?" Says it was a conversation over dinner.

Last edited:
Ann Hui ‏@annhui
Protester said she's here bc her daughter wants to know how mayor can keep his job when he does all the things she's taught she shouldn't do.

I've assumed for a while now that if the Fords are indeed involved in any major league law breaking, then Deco is a big part of it. I don't doubt for a second that they're arrogant enough to think they can get away with such blatant criminality, whether it's drugs, money laundering (or a combination of the two), or something else entirely. Not a one of them has faced a serious consequence for anything. So far.

It's just reverting back to a strategy they used in the 2010 election by saying Toronto had 'too many immigrants'. So did that mean under Ford Toronto was going to setup border patrol at the Gardiner, DVP, and anything coming south of Steeles? No, but the mouth-breathers heard him say that on CP24 during the debate, nodded their heads in agreement and went to the voting stations.

And many of the immigrant communities responded positively to his open and undisguised homophobia, so they were apparently willing to overlook his similair stance towards them. It's insane, but when people's motivation to vote is straight out of Fantasyland, they tend to be very selective in the facts they're willing to acknowledge.

Is it time for Rob's driver/security guard to drop kick a few kids?

KatieSimpson24 9:18am via Twitter for iPhone
Moms and kids upset with Mayor Ford, holding a sit-in in front of Mayor Ford's office.

Ot is it time to bring out the stun gun?

KatieSimpson24 10:01am via Twitter for BlackBerry
One protestor says her 10-yr-old daughter asked her "why does Rob Ford hate gay people?" Says it was a conversation over dinner.
Think of the children, Rob!

Good, I'm glad to see people starting to speak up.

Can everyone just leave the kids out of this?

That would be a pretty powerful image: RF running to his car being pelted by tomatoes thrown by little kids!
You know things are starting to heat up when seniors (as seen federally) and kids (here in TO) start to get involved.

I've assumed for a while now that if the Fords are indeed involved in any major league law breaking, then Deco is a big part of it. I don't doubt for a second that they're arrogant enough to think they can get away with such blatant criminality, whether it's drugs, money laundering (or a combination of the two), or something else entirely. Not a one of them has faced a serious consequence for anything. So far.
Yeah it is a no brainer that Deco is a front. Especially given Doug Jr's background.
I always thought lsd or other similar substances would be easy with the labels.
I think Fords are sort of middle men for the transportation. The men making the big bucks are using Deco just for distribution, and those are the guys who are paying off the police/feds.
I also think Deco is mixed up in prostitution.
But of course, this is, as someone said earlier, wild speculation. :D

Can everyone just leave the kids out of this?

Out of curiosity, are you a parent? I assure you that I've talked to my child about city government (you know, how governments work, how taxes work, why a budget is a concrete manifestation about what we think is important, what we expect from politicians - silly things like that), and specifically about Rob Ford.

What if they don't want to be left out? What if, through this, they are learning about using their voices and contributing to democracy? How is it a bad thing?

yeah, i don't get this all-purpose "won't someone please think of the children?" thing. it's such a hackneyed catch-all reaction. these are PARENTS bringing their own children to city hall to protest--good for them.

Out of curiosity, are you a parent? I assure you that I've talked to my child about city government (you know, how governments work, how taxes work, why a budget is a concrete manifestation about what we think is important, what we expect from politicians - silly things like that), and specifically about Rob Ford.

I have had similar discussions with my 7 year old daughter. I was going to avoid the topic of the Crackmayor, but she specifically asked about him - why he does drugs and why he is the leader of our city if drugs are bad.

Rob brought the kids into this with his reprehensible behaviour. He's forcing parents to have these conversations with their kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back