446     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.1K     7 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 649     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a year ago, around the time when the jail beating would have occurred, ford was seen attempting to visit the jail late in the evening. This incident did get published and was noted as strange at the time, but nothing came of it. Has anyone seen references to this incident in any of the coverage, or in these pages?

About a year ago, around the time when the jail beating would have occurred, ford was seen attempting to visit the jail late in the evening. This incident did get published and was noted as strange at the time, but nothing came of it. Has anyone seen references to this incident in any of the coverage, or in these pages?

The beating was two years ago, so the attempt to visit Bruno Bellissimo in March 2013 isn't connected.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2m

Toronto Star front page tomorrow: Police are investigating the Rob Ford rant video. pic.twitter.com/nXweRTpUXJ

I hope you're right. I'd hate to see him skate on this one too.

As much fun as it's been to watch the latest installment of the shitshow unfold, I'm a little annoyed at yet ANOTHER Ford criminal escapade passing by with no criminal charges. In the end, MacIntyre's is a civil suit. It's frustrating to have all this stuff out in the public realm about the mayor, and the police do nothing. Even Bieber is being held to account!

The people defending Ford say "he hasn't been arrested, therefore he hasn't done anything wrong." It's so frustrating having all that criminality out there for all to see, and yet no criminal charges. If he's arrested later down the road, many will say it's only due to public pressure on the police -- or else it would've been done in a more timely manner, and they'll continue to think of it as a witch hunt. Especially if he's only arrested for what we already know/have seen and not for something bigger that hasn't come out yet.

Is Scarborough under served with transit versus Etobicoke? More transit is needed in the west, in my opinion because York and the airport are in the west. Why is Scarborough getting a subway before northern Etobicoke anyway?

Ford lead the charge to quash Transit City, which would have seen an LRT line run through Etobicoke.

He looks absolutely terrible here. And his face is glowing again. So is this a medical condition, or is it time for us to play "Name that Stimulant!"?

I noticed that too, he was very pale and light pinkish in the face today. Not good. He seemed very tired too, in the eyes.

I've always been disgusted by Nuziata's biased approach when chairing council meetings, but after seeing this, holy crap is that is a wretched stupid tool of a woman.

Nunziata clearly favors Ford & his few cohorts by not only giving them ridiculous and obvious leeway in Council but even in how she addresses them vs. other Councillors, it's all in her voice. She clearly dislikes Adam Vaughan, again, it's all in her voice. She did make an unusual, very half-hearted attempt to try to keep Rob, Doug & Mammo in line yesterday and today.

Guess what?

Fascist Neil Flagg has no presence on Wikipedia.

Why? He is so biased that he would be blocked quickly. He would also claim that Wikipedia is liberally biased (it is actually neutral).

If you feel that Flagg is stalking you, you should stay in Wikipedia or UT. Flagg hates Wikipedia more than he hates the war on Rob Ford.

He looks absolutely terrible here. And his face is glowing again. So is this a medical condition, or is it time for us to play "Name that Stimulant!"?

Umm.. I've read this on this forum a couple times... About his "face".. It doesn't mean jack squat. I'm not a ford supporter but you have no idea what you are speculating about. Somewhere in this forum someone posted a picture of Ford in elementary school and his face is red. It's just the way he looks. Keep on bashing his stats and horrible job as the mayor, but comments like this make me cringe.. Keep his children out of it too, they didn't choose their makers.....

From the Star article Eagle Eye mentioned last night:
When MacIntyre was beaten in March 2012 (the facts of his beating are contained in court documents readily available to police), he was interviewed by corrections officials at the Metro West Detention Centre, according to a Toronto police source. But MacIntyre did not want to talk to police at the time and police did not seek him out.

Metro West is within 23 Division, I wonder how much that had to do with his not wanting to talk to police at the time? And how common would it otherwise be for the police to investigate a prison beating?

Maybe it doesn't mean a lot of anything. But there are times when his face is definitely way more red than other occasions. So this isn't just a question of this is his permanent look. Something is causing these episodes.

And with Rob Ford, where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

I'm sure his face gets red through minimal exhertion. These next few days should be interesting, now that The Star wrote about the ongoing investigation and with RD's book coming out. We might see more behavioural changes.

Brazen 2 continues:

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 1 hr
Giroux maintains that Project Brazen 2 (which has led to charges against Mayor's friend and part time driver) is still active.

The police are being joined by another investigation:

Ministry to probe jail beating of former common-law spouse of Rob Ford’s sister

"It has recently come to light that there was a potential breach in policy,” ... said [Andrew Morrison, a spokesperson for the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services]. The provincial Correctional Services Oversight and Investigations branch will conduct the internal review.

"It has recently come to light that there was a potential breach in policy,” ... said [Andrew Morrison, a spokesperson for the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services]. The provincial Correctional Services Oversight and Investigations branch will conduct the internal review.

Correctional workers looking the other way seems to happen quite a bit.

Maybe it doesn't mean a lot of anything. But there are times when his face is definitely way more red than other occasions. So this isn't just a question of this is his permanent look. Something is causing these episodes.

And with Rob Ford, where there is smoke, there is usually crack.

Fixed that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back