801     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 614     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. It's tribalism of the basest kind at work: Slob doesn't consider anything that his low rent scumbag cronies get up to as criminal activity. Crimes are only committed by 'bad' people, and his friends aren't 'bad,' right? How could they be? They're his friends, etc. etc. As Lemur pointed out, this is the bargain basement version of your typical hoity-toity upper class corruption, where rich men support their mistresses and so on.

This isn't even a matter of the rich having one set of standards for themselves while expecting other people to adhere to a far stricter code of conduct. The entire modern right's governing philosophy appears to be "Do As I Say, Not As I Do." If any mainstream or even right-leaning liberal had pulled all the shit Ford has done - never even mind an out-and-out leftist - the same morons who currently make up Ford's rabid fanbase would be screaming for his head on a platter.

Exactly. Does anyone remember what the right did to Svend Robinson?

Last edited:
Just thought that i would let you guy's know that your Mayor has been making headlines as far away as Tasmania, we have our fair share of dropkick pollie's down under, but Rob takes the cake, Crack smokin, whore mongering, when is the book or movie coming out, amazed that he has not been booted after his performance's late at night in the underbelly of Toronto, shame , shame Mr Mayor.

Read my lips , I did not inhale....??

The book is scheduled to drop Feb 4 2014, film producers are bidding for the rights to this nightmare as I type (half serious, half joking).
http://www.penguin.ca/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9780670068111,00.html

Last edited:
1385860_10153313076195475_873844871_n.jpg

Rob Ford, 1995.

From the Globe & Mail article on Ford's Dale apology take 2:

The mayor's brother Councillor Doug Ford told reporters afterwards "“I don’t’ know how much more sincere you can be. That was as sincere as you can get, so let’s move on.â€

For whose benefit does Doug say that over and over again? Who actually hears that and thinks "Ah, it was sincere! That's right! We should move on!"

Someone who is sincere about apologies would not say something like that - it really frames the ultimate motivation (i.e. let's move on). Sincerity should not be a process that requires 2, 3 tries to get "right".

AoD

Someone who is sincere about apologies would not say something like that - it really frames the ultimate motivation (i.e. let's move on). Sincerity should not be a process that requires 2, 3 tries to get "right".

AoD
It reduces to the same pattern - lying, then retracting when there's no way out, bullying, showboating, and shameless politicking out of season. It's the playbook that keeps the game going, and it is just a game. As someone has pointed out, this is no longer just about the hobbled mayor. And the silly season is just about to begin.

All this talk of Cachet Ladies is giving me a deja vu from August, except that, in addition to the similarities I pointed out back in August (see below), I recall that Rahim Jaffer and Nazim Gillani were in the company of a number of "busty hookers" from Cachet Ladies when they had their infamous celebration at Harbour 60, where Gillani boasted that Jaffet had "opened up the Prime Minister's office" to their business and after which a drunk and coked up Jaffer blew through some hick town at 40 or 50 km over the speed limit.
Most likely unrelated, but Ford was on the radio this morning plugging Harbour Sixty ("it's the best steakhouse in the world"). Also, the owners of the restaurant had made a $9,152 donation to Ford during the last election, for what it's worth.

Just thought that i would let you guy's know that your Mayor has been making headlines as far away as Tasmania, we have our fair share of dropkick pollie's down under, but Rob takes the cake, Crack smokin, whore mongering, when is the book or movie coming out, amazed that he has not been booted after his performance's late at night in the underbelly of Toronto, shame , shame Mr Mayor.

Read my lips , I did not inhale....??

Every time I hear about a mayor or other elected official somewhere else who gets into trouble, I wonder 'Would I want this person to step down or stay in office?'.

Nothing really seems to reach the level of Rob Ford Bad.

The mayor of Auckland, Len Brown, recently confessed to an extramarital affair, was censured by his city's council, but indicated he would not step down. I don't entirely agree but by comparison, everything Ford does seems to be beyond the pale: repeated lying, threats, unethical business practices and worst of all, the false apologies and unrepentant, incorrigible defiance.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11175348

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back