1.1K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 496     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disconnect: The Truth About Cell Phone Radiation, What the Industry Is Doing to Hide It, and How to Protect Your Family

http://www.amazon.com/Disconnect-Radiation-Industry-Protect-Family/dp/0452297443

Jeezus. Devra Davis' postulations on cellphones causing brain cancer has been discredited in the world of evidence- and science-based medicine as being junk science. She's out to sell books.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/a-disconnect-between-cell-phone-fears-and-science/

john lancaster ‏@jlancasterCBC 4m
Exclusive: @CBCToronto @5. Details of what else happened the night #MayorFord left a conservative BBQ in August.
Oh good, we need something today :) (unless the scoop involves Ford using a landline rather than a cell phone)

All this talk of "anti-democratic" actions is, I suppose, fine (not really, but shooting down such stupidity is a legitimate function of this thread), but I have a problem with the "coup" nomenclature: if we are going to refer to the various council motions that stripped Ford of certain mayoral powers as a "coup", we must at least acknowledge that it cannot, under any circumstances, be seen as a "coup d'etat". It could only be a "coup de ville":

images

If ^that car doesn't scream "legitimate businessman", then I don't know what does.

But perhaps this is more fitting to the Ford saga:

images

The last few days I've learned from this thread that saturated fats cause heart disease and cell phones cause brain tumors. What's it gonna be next for the trifecta? Some possible candidates: vaccinations cause autism, fluoride is toxic, global warming is a hoax.

It's funny; I got into a massive argument with a woman once (who called herself a "sensitive"; meaning demi-psychic), who ranted against fluoride in water in Toronto. She also happens to be a Ford National and a frequent poster on the "I Hate the war on Mayor Rob Ford" Facebook page.

Sadly, a guy who joined into the conversation also chimed in that life expectancies in Greece are higher than Canada because they don't fluoridate their water (UN stats say Canada's life expectancy is actually slightly higher). That fear mongering pseudo-science lover is a TDSB Trustee. I fear for our children.

Last edited:
It's funny; I got into a massive argument with a woman once (who called herself a "sensitive"; meaning demo-psychic), who ranted against fluoride in water in Toronto. She also happens to be a Ford National and a frequent poster on the "I Hate the war on Mayor Rob Ford" Facebook page.

Sadly, a guy who joined into the conversation also chimed in that life expectancies in Greece are higher than Canada because they don't fluoridate their water (UN stats say Canada's life expectancy is actually slightly higher). That fear mongering pseudo-science lover is a TDSB Trustee. I fear for our children.

Well, do recall the anti-fluoride caller to the now dead 1010 show after the bombshell? Wonder if it is the same person.

LOL re: Greece - if that's the case, can I claim that the lack of fluoride also lead to their extreme debt-to-GDP ratio and better yet, their f*cked up governance? TDSB eh? Expect creation science soon!

AoD

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Mister View Post
A quick googling of Commisso and Rocco (both families contributed heavily) is quite illuminating.
How do you know it's the same families? Commisso and Rocco (Racco?) are probably common Italian names.

Besides which, both families are just hard working bakers. I'm sure the bombings and shootings were just unfortunate coincidences like Ford-o hanging out in crack alley.

One of the biggest things Ford did was privatize garbage collection. Garbage collection is a well know mob business. As is construction. As is selling drugs (hello Dougie!). No reason to think they would't know "connected" people. Whether it means anything is another issue.

My favourite is the WiFi headaches nonsense. These people have convinced themselves that WiFi is somehow special and more dangerous than all the dozens of different radios we use in our daily lives.

Technology-related headaches have been recorded for centuries. People used to blame non-electronic mechanical devices like pedal-powered sewing machines on illness. People blame whatever they may fear or find different for what ails them. Aside from wifi, it's also now wind farms.

It's funny; I got into a massive argument with a woman once (who called herself a "sensitive"; meaning demi-psychic), who ranted against fluoride in water in Toronto. She also happens to be a Ford National and a frequent poster on the "I Hate the war on Mayor Rob Ford" Facebook page.

Was it Susan Ross?

Certain saturated fats are good. Long chain, plant based saturated fats like coconut oil are excellent, especially for brain functioning. This will help with all the neuro-toxicity from fluoride and wifi emissions! ;)

I have a landline, and a cell, I like the quality of a landline, though offhand I can't think of anyone else I know who has a landline anymore. My mom has an iPhone and iPad and she loves them, but she has no landline. So I'm a freak. Anyway, I've never had a Rob Ford pollster call, only 5 or 6 calls re: the upcoming by-election.

As for the polling numbers a few pages back, we're 11 months out here, it's far, far too early to be getting wound up about polls. One thing that concerned me was a news item about the budget and a possible 2.25% increase instead of Ford's 1.75%. He's definitely going to run with the narrative that as soon as he has his power stripped the left-wing pinkos in Council were running around spending tax-payer's money and jacking up taxes. Or something of the sort, but it'll be very effective, and it'll work.

Last edited:
One of the biggest things Ford did was privatize garbage collection. Garbage collection is a well know mob business. As is construction. As is selling drugs (hello Dougie!). No reason to think they would't know "connected" people. Whether it means anything is another issue.

Speaking of Dougie.....where is he! I miss his media interviews/ rants and attacks on whomever?

Come on out Doug/ Dougie/ Dougmeister!

We miss you!

:)

I have a landline, and a cell, I like the quality of a landline, though offhand I can't think of anyone else I know who has a landline anymore. My mom has an iPhone and iPad and she loves them, but she has no landline. So I'm a freak.

As for the polling numbers a few pages back, we're 11 months out here, it's far, far too early to be getting wound up about polls. One thing that concerned me was a news item about the budget and a possible 2.25% increase instead of Ford's 1.75%. He's definitely going to run with the narrative that as soon as he has his power stripped the left-wing pinkos in Council were running around spending tax-payer's money and jacking up taxes. Or something of the sort, but it'll be very effective and it'll work.

Some of the Ford Faithful have already started running with that narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back