991     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 772     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 625     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are few pols who I dislike as much as Jim Flaherty but, come on.
He's got a really messed-up friend. He was one of the innumerable people who gave Ford the advice to get cleaned up and now it keeps spiraling out of control. Given how even Doug seems caught off-guard by just how deep Rob is in the shit, I'm not surprised Flaherty was even less aware and caught off guard. It can't be easy having a friend who is an addict spiral out of control this way.

That man and his compadres did damage to Ontario and Toronto we are still trying to fix but that still seemed like an awful genuine emotional reaction to me.

Mr. Flaherty is suffering from a skin condition (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...sease-in-bid-to-quiet-rumours/article8027191/) and is taking Prednisone... One of the side effects is being overly emotional. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prednisone#Side-effects)
Kinda scary... For us.

Last edited:
It used to be that when emperors, pharaohs, or kings were deposed (or died), their names, statues, plaques, etc. were removed, defaced, or renamed.

We are getting to the point where even relatives or ancestors could be influenced by Rob Ford's behaviour. Could the city hall councillors put forth a motion to rename "Douglas Ford Park" (named so in honour of Rob & Doug Ford's father)? If Rob continues to stay on, they just might.

douglas-park.png

088726f545b2b8611cba4bf15bed.jpeg

Last edited:
Pride is family-oriented already.

(And not to get too political, but studies show lesbian families have ZERO child abuse.)

Let's see those studies that say no lesbian couple has ever had one partner let loose and smack a kid around.

Just because it's the Internet, you aren't required to make unsubstantiated idiotic claims.

James D:

Well, while it is probably indicative of very low rates of child abuse in lesbian families, the N of 78 is really way too small to support translating the finding to ALL children under lesbian families in general.

AoD

Saw Ford on CP24 just now. It was tape of him arriving a SunTV. He looked SO hungover / sketched out. Kind of grunted some monosyllabic answers at reporters before ending the interview.

He definitely didn't look like he felt "great."

WK Lis: As I've said, given how fucked the Fords are, we can safely surmise that the late D. Ford was probably quite the bloody bastard. So, yeah, let's burn that sign down and start the purge.

MTown:

Why destroy something when it is better to have the notoriety enshrined for generations to come? That way at least we can ensure his potential hellspawn stays in the underworld and avoid politics for the ages.

AoD

WK Lis: As I've said, given how fucked the Fords are, we can safely surmise that the late D. Ford was probably quite the bloody bastard. So, yeah, let's burn that sign down and start the purge.

This is the kind of attitude that will play right into Rob Ford's victim narrative. I admit to really knowing nothing about D. Ford Sr. other than the fact he was a one-term Tory backbencher in provincial parliament. We don't hold parents responsible for the screw-ups of their adult children and Ford Sr. isn't around to defend himself anyway.

James D:

Well, while it is probably indicative of very low rates of child abuse in lesbian families, the N of 78 is really way too small to support translating the finding to ALL children under lesbian families in general.

AoD

I'm not advocating the veracity or effectiveness of the study. I was simply posting it for someone whose google is apparently broken and demanded to see it.

Looks like Mr. Ford will be making an appearance at the Argos game this afternoon. The CFL must be so proud.

Anyone taking bets on how fast he gets a beer chucked at him?

So you say "studies" and then provide a link to a single small study of a group of people who know they are being scrutinized for their whole lives by a political advocacy group. Very convincing. Having lived for a decade in the village in Toronto, I can attest to the fact that things in lesbian homes aren't that different than other homes. Check in with some lawyers who practice child protection and see what kind of reports you get back.

If this is the kind of thing you accept as social science evidence, you probably think subways are a good idea for the suburbs too.

I'm not advocating the veracity or effectiveness of the study. I was simply posting it for someone whose google is apparently broken and demanded to see it.

I asked to see "studies" in the plural to substantiated a factual claim. You provided social-political agenda pushing disguised as a poorly constructed single study. I reiterate, just because it's the Internet, you aren't required to post unsubstantiated idiotic claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back