2.4K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.7K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 650     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it will be ABOUT something and not just Wynne saying how she is disappointed and saddened blah blah blah but can't do anything.

I would love to hear that she is open to having a law enacted but wasn't it just yesterday she said they were reluctant to get involved?

That was before the poll illustrating diminishing support for Ford. So many people hedging their bets here...

No, Kathleen, no, leave Ford alone. He's a useful distraction. You haven't had to answer any questions in weeks. Don't let Minnan-Wong turn this into your issue.

Organized crime would have calmly cut their losses by now.

0lucabrasi.jpg

Attachments

• 0lucabrasi.jpg
    0lucabrasi.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 438
I think she'll give the city some sort of ultimatum. Find a way to come to a mutually agreeable scenario in council by December 1 or the province will intervene. Which may be delaying the inevitable.

That is incredible. There is no politician in Canada like Rob Ford. here is the press conference if you want to listen to it https://twitter.com/thekeenanwire/status/400998447760674816

It seems to me that Ford is loving the international media attention. Maybe he plans to write a book and make some money out of this. That line about "eating pussy" seems well planned to get him on late night shows. It was planned to get more attention and enflame his already infamous reputation. At this point, I really think he is just setting himself up, to capitalize off his sudden rise to world-wide infamy. I'm sure his family (mainly Doug) is thinking of ways to capitalize off this situations. There are lots of ways to do that.

I think we're reaching the point where it would look suspiciously like politicking if Wynne didn't speak up. As DMW said, the time for setting a new precedent may be at hand. If she says something along the lines of "I don't care about the optics, this man is damaging the country's and my province's largest city and needs to go," I would love to see Hudak try to explain why she's incorrect.

I was hoping the tweet from the Argos might send him over the edge. If even the Argos can't get through to him, no one can.

Turns out they haven't invited him to the game - but he can buy a ticket to the game like everyone else

Brendan Kennedy‏@BKennedyStar34m
Argos CEO Chris Rudge says Ford was not invited to Sunday's game, but he can choose to buy a ticket like any other citizen.

It seems to me that Ford is loving the international media attention. Maybe he plans to write a book and make some money out of this. That line about "eating pussy" seems well planned to get him on late night shows. It was planned to get more attention and enflame his already infamous reputation. At this point, I really think he is just setting himself up, to capitalize off his sudden rise to world-wide infamy. I'm sure his family (mainly Doug) is thinking of ways to capitalize off this situations. There are lots of ways to do that.

One of which is a brand new shiny show on Sun News (which might, for a brief time, spark ratings).

The Ford family is already loaded. I doubt this all a ploy for a book deal. He's already earned that in his own twisted, fucked up way.

No, Kathleen, no, leave Ford alone. He's a useful distraction. You haven't had to answer any questions in weeks. Don't let Minnan-Wong turn this into your issue.
I can't imagine she'd do something. That's a horrible precedent.

She could simply express her opinion, disgust, make a declaration that there's no place for misogyny, bigotry, and drunk driving, etc. Perhaps offer advice.

I'm sure she and other MLAs are on the receiving end of a lot of requests to do something. To some extent she has to explain why she can't or shouldn't do anything.

Though she might want to explain how the police are turning a blind eye to Ford's crimes - at least in terms of all the witness of his driving offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back