4.1K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 666     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Ford Nation, this could hit home even more than the Sun shunning him.

I agree. I don't think it can be overstated that Cherry is (at least for caucasian suburban Ford followers) an example of someone they always thought would be on "their side" of this whole thing. Now, many will choose between their love of one or the other and pick a side. I think Cherry owns more hearts than Ford.

Last edited:
8. Man goes into semi-hiding for a bit, strategically releasing things that not-too-subtly serve as “proof†that he is hard at work improving himself and restoring relations with his family.

Say, some photos of him sweating it out at the gym?

Last edited:
I just popped over to old city hall to catch the Remembrance Day ceremonies. Ford put a lot of force into his speech. I suppose it was meant to come off as gravitas, but it was easy to hear it more as defiance. I heard one distant boo when he was announced, and a few people near me clapped quite loudly as if to signal support. The vast majority were silent, and the speech ended to reserved applause.

Oh, he existed. I saw the video. They wanted 30 bucks for it. The unthinkable happens in this video. Crazy shit.

Yes, and he should be allowed to do what's best for him... so long as he resigns!

What he is doing is incredibly selfish. He is in a position where he cannot do his job but he wants to keep it because he is too ashamed of losing it.
He can't do his job? That comment is a bit extreme, don't you think? It's not like he's in a coma.

I stand by my comment. In the private or public sector or as a provincial/federal politician he would have lost his job years ago. He is simply not doing what his position entails, and now more than ever he is incapacitated and under a serious police investigation.

The only thing keeping him at City Hall is that no one ever envisioned that someone so incompetent could make it to the mayor's chair. At every other level of government councillor equivalents would be able to remove him from office and would have done so long ago.

RC8: +10! Since he is such a fan of the private sector - anyone who had done as much damage to a brand as he did would have been spent packing ages ago.

AoD

I agree. I don't think it can be overstated that Cherry is (at least for caucasian suburban Ford followers) an example of someone they always thought would be on "their side" of this whole thing. Now, many will choose between their love of one or the other and pick a side. I think Cherry owns more hearts than Ford.

Except that they are still on the same side. Cherry expressed disappointment in his actions, but still approves of the job Ford has done as mayor. This is the exact message you get from Ford supporters.

How do you know this?
What exactly are the warnings for?

There's a biker gang tie in with all these venues. There's no connection to the Rob Ford saga, I brought it up to point out that the city isn't as safe as most people believe. Pipe bombs and molotov cocktails on a high profile downtown neighbourhood. But when our Mayor has ties to the Dixon Bloods and refuses to tell the police what he knows, he's going against his responsibility as Mayor to keep the citizens of Toronto safe. He's directly responsible for making the city less safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back