News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 686     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.promark-telecon.ca/index_en.php

All this talk of mobbed up construction companies from Montreal...

These guys had a van they owned meeting Lisi in the ITO (pg 100ish)

Not saying they're mob run. But they are Montreal based and their website says they're good at burying stuff. :)

I found this on page 435:
292)1 conducted an analysis on the September 22nd, 2013 Surveillance Summary and learned the
following information:
a) BRXL 093 - According to the Ministry of Transportation it is a white 2013 Dodge
Caravan registered to Promark-Telecon Inc

I am new here and hope to make more friends than enemies.

Two things I learned from Mohamed Farah in the Fifth Estate story:
1. Ford starting doing harder drugs at 15 Windsor in the summer of 2012.
2. The video was first being discussed in January 2013

Farah also said Ford started hanging out at 15 Windsor in the summer of 2011, drinking beer and watching hockey games but Ford was likely hanging out there much sooner and this probably indicates Farah's limited exposure to the scene.

One big question that was not asked on the Fifth Estate segment: if they were being offered a suitcase full of money, why didn't they take it?

“Sometimes the politicians are very naive people,” Soave said. “They don’t look at the danger, the risk of . . . they shake hands, they take money . . . and then ask for forgiveness.

“This is one of the fundamental issues about organized crime. People do not want to admit that they have a problem. The people in Montreal feel it much more so than here, they understand it. It’s daily in the newspapers there. Here (in Ontario) we’re very naive. We’re very naive.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2012/09/19/mafia_group_top_threat_in_gta_rcmp_says.html

Certainly senior police forces , i.e. OPP and RCMP take the lead in organized crime investigations but it is hardly outside the purview of TPS in fact they have an organized crime unit.

There was an interesting comment on Warren Kinsella's blog by someone who claimed to have family that work for Toronto Police. He alleged that the second video has content that Bill Blair does not want to come out because it will raise questions of why he didn't investigate. If true what is on the second video that Blair does not want people to see? Does the second video capture bribes from organized crime?

Then why would Blair even mention the second video if he didn't want it to come out? Before he mentioned it, the public was completely unaware of its existence.

One big question that was not asked on the Fifth Estate segment: if they were being offered a suitcase full of money, why didn't they take it?

The same reason there were rumours of copies floating around and yet no one tried to claim the $220k from Gawker. People are afraid of the repercussions of being thought a snitch.

Something from page 19 of the ITO (emphasis added)
"The authors of this article [Donovan and Doolittle] indicated that they have not purchased the video and that they have two other sources providing the same information regarding the mayor's use of crack cocaine."

"Two other sources"? This is the first time I noticed this. Re-reading the May 16 Star story I see this:
"After the [Garrison Ball] story was published the Star was contacted by two separate people who purported to have information on Ford abusing crack cocaine. One person, who described himself as an organizer in the Somali community…" This would appear to be Mohamed Farah and the story goes on to detail their meetings with him. There is no further mention of the second source and the police phrasing in the ITO seemed to suggest two sources in addition to their contact around the video. So I am a little confused about this other source or sources. I tweeted to Doolittle to see if she could add anything but have not had a response yet.

“Sometimes the politicians are very naive people,” Soave said. “They don’t look at the danger, the risk of . . . they shake hands, they take money . . . and then ask for forgiveness.

“This is one of the fundamental issues about organized crime. People do not want to admit that they have a problem. The people in Montreal feel it much more so than here, they understand it. It’s daily in the newspapers there. Here (in Ontario) we’re very naive. We’re very naive.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2012/09/19/mafia_group_top_threat_in_gta_rcmp_says.html

Montreal also has issues with several organized crime groups. Aside from the mafia, there are the Bikers and the Irish Gang. Whereas most of our gang related crime is less organized, smaller teen/young adult gangs. More heavily organized crime may exist here, but it's less flagrant and keeps on the down-low.

... More heavily organized crime may exist here, but it's less flagrant and keeps on the down-low.

This is the point made in both the Star and CBC articles I've linked to. Here's another:

York Regional Police Det. Mike Amato refused to provide specific examples of corruption to the Quebec commission, saying, “That question there is too close to something that we are working on right now.”

The 25-year veteran police officer said that the ’Ndrangheta is “stronger and more prominent” in Ontario thanks to growing numbers and successful integration in the community.

“There are persons who are criminals, who are suspects in murders, who . . . go and coach soccer for kids. They’re integrated into the community and most people don’t even know who they are,” Amato told the commission two weeks ago.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...nd_refuge_in_ontario_italian_police_warn.html

Montreal also has issues with several organized crime groups. Aside from the mafia, there are the Bikers and the Irish Gang. Whereas most of our gang related crime is less organized, smaller teen/young adult gangs. More heavily organized crime may exist here, but it's less flagrant and keeps on the down-low.

This is very true. The 'Ndrangheta has never sought a romantic public persona like the Cosa Nostra. It's also not hierarchical in the same way, so it it is less prone to high-profile superstars like we see in New York, etc. To some degree, it barely even exists -- members don't always view themselves as being members of anything in particular, the structure is applied from the outside, more so. It's affiliations of families, who have businesses which intersect, and use ruthless means to protect their businesses. It's a different beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back