545     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 908     11 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 456     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a theory on why the Ford family won't let Rob go to rehab. Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, I haven't seen it, and I read every page, but there's been a lot of content lately, and it's easy to accidentally miss posts.

From what I understand of rehabilitation programs, there's a lot of talking, and opening up. I think it's fair to say that Rob has been pushed into a lot of this business by his family, for their own gain. What if the Fords are afraid of what Rob will say when the therapists get through to him? Who knows what secrets he's hiding.

In the crack video Ford was reportedly mumbling something about how he's supposed to be right wing. Seems like he's living someone else's life, and it's his duty just to endure it.

Also it appears that Ford unilaterally admitted to smoking crack. Now his family is desperately trying to pretend like they were not aware of this. I really think they're scared of what will come out of Rob's mouth in rehab.

Very good point - and therapist-client confidentiality notwithstanding, the last thing they want are all the skeletons tumbling out.

Mind you, given how the kids turned out, I am not sure if we needed any more evidence at this point.

AoD

That could well be, but I also got the vibe from watching Diane that she is one of those wealthy people who think things like rehab are so tawdry and for commoners. The old "we'll take care of this ourselves, behind closed doors" thing, and addiction doesn't happen to us it happens to other people mentality.

That could well be, but I also got the vibe from watching Diane that she is one of those wealthy people who think things like rehab are so tawdry and for commoners. The old "we'll take care of this ourselves, behind closed doors" thing, and addiction doesn't happen to us it happens to other people mentality.

That was exactly my take too.

Nailed it!

Almost guaranteed!

It's really a shame, if you're willing to change, rehab works wonders. Too bad Ford is surrounded by enablers.

Therapy will help Rob understand why he is Rob. Mama Ford said: "he wasn't raised that way", " it's all Rob's fault", it's like he was raised in vacuum. She simply refuses to see what she doesn't want to see, no help for her.

Rob and Doug are not expected at City Hall today. Another family meeting? Rob will now come forward and offer to "take a couple of weeks in Florida" to become a new man. Too little, too late. As usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back