2.9K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.9K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 676     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has ManuvSteel ever done anything to indicate they're not just a troll? Not meaning to snark, just curious if there's a reason we're taking seriously what this person has to say.

Sheesh. I guess Councillor Leon doesn't actually READ his emails. This is his response to my email to Executive Committee on Monday. I already did email you, dude, and gave you all that info you're looking for.
Thank you for taking the time to e-mail my office.

My office is open from 9:00am to 5:00pm on weekdays.

If your matter is urgent, please contact my office directly at 416-392-4002 and leave your name, address, phone number and a brief description of your concern. One of my associates will contact you within 24 hours.

Alternately, please e-mail me at councillor_leon@toronto.ca citing your address, name and phone number in the subject line. Feel free to describe the nature of your concern and I will respond as soon as possible. Again, thank you for contact my office.

Regards,

Peter Leon
Councillor, Etobicoke Centre

I've read all the arguments. I've read all the theories and all the pontificating. And I still feel the same way: I want amalgamation undone. This crap is all possible thanks to Harris' undemocratic (forced) amalgamation .. aka "act of mischief". It is true that "Old Toronto" elected some strange and indeed goofy mayors, but at least those ones weren't acting in contempt of this wonderful city.

This is the saddest day I can remember. We're all having our dignity ripped away by the Toronto-hating Ford thugs.

A few more tweets from ManuvSteele have been taking place including a still from a blurry video clip. All I can make out is what appears to be Ford's massive head.

BYfkKNdCEAAvpCQ.jpg:large

Drunk Superman ‏@ManuvSteele 54m
I think I’ll watch this shit play out.. then worry about my story later.. too much fun

He also says he owns a Mac and a PC.

I enhanced it and it looks like a guy in a baseball hat. Nothing more.

Although if you look at it another way it could be RoFo's enormous head with a red spotlight on it. In a club maybe?

BYfkKNdCEAAvpCQ.jpg

Attachments

• BYfkKNdCEAAvpCQ.jpg
    BYfkKNdCEAAvpCQ.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 465
It is not worth saving $60 a year if it leads to Toronto becoming the laughingstock of the world.

Seems like most people have forgotten that when the VRT was axed, the price of a metropass went up by $60 per year at the same time due to TTC cuts, if I'm not mistaken. So people like me who don't own a car didn't save anything and are actually paying more thanks to Ford.

Reply I received from Gary Grawford, Executive Member and Ford ally:

Thank you for taking the time to write me with your thoughts and comments.

The past week has been a difficult one for all Torontonians. I have asked that the Mayor step aside and take the time to get the appropriate help and support that he needs.

As a member of City Council's Executive Committee, I was elected by my council colleagues to serve as a member at large. The committee makes direct recommendations to City Council on important business matters and I will continue to play an active role at committee and City Council.

I will not abandon this city.

It is time that the 44 members of Council rise above this controversy, show leadership, and work with one another to continue on with our mandate and what we were each elected to do. I want to stay focussed and continue to conduct the work we have in Ward 36 and fulfill the obligation I have to my constituents.

Sincerely,

Gary Crawford
Councillor, Ward 36
Scarborough Southwest

I'd put money down that Ford isn't drunk in that recording, he's on crack cocaine or some type of stimulant.
Next Wednesday can't come quickly enough. Keep sending those emails to the Exec. Committee and copy your local Councillor (or all Councillors, that's what I did). http://savetoronto.ca/

Seems like most people have forgotten that when the VRT was axed, the price of a metropass went up by $60 per year at the same time due to TTC cuts, if I'm not mistaken. So people like me who don't own a car didn't save anything and are actually paying more thanks to Ford.
But the ones who support Ford aren't likely the ones who use TTC

That was Rob Ford's plan, duh. Punish all those that don't drive a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back