News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.8K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 661     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 2.06.16 PM.jpg

Doesn't sound like they really paid that much for the video, maybe a couple hundred if that.

Ignore the other attached image, that was from earlier and I can't make it go away.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 11.23.01 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 11.23.01 AM.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 381
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 2.06.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 2.06.16 PM.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 429
It's not the amount that was paid, but that something was paid. I remember listening to Doolittle and Donovan talking about how badly they wanted that first video but they just couldn't pay for it, citing journalistic integrity, etc. I don't blame them in these circumstances, but it's just too bad that all of Ford's shenanigans, lies, behavioiur, stubbornness, etc. etc. made them go against their better judgement and purchase a video.

The Equalizer ‏@TheFIXER12 1m

The newest Rob Fiord Video, was set up and filmed by Sandro Lisi, Lisi's voice can be heard talking to Ford #TOpoli

I think the Star released the video so the narrative can begin to shift towards the violence that is associated with the entire scandal but until now hasn't been the focus. I think this was strategic. I don't believe they think this was a bombshell video. It's a tactical video.

The Anthony Smith connection has long been the most interesting aspect of this affair, even if the odds of discovering that any direction was given by the Fords may have been less that 30%.

But given the characters this guy has been associating with, the amounts of money available, the family's grand ambitions for power and respectability, the heavy use of drugs and alcohol, and the deep faith displayed here in the video that might makes right, it's beginning to seem inevitable that someone somewhere has to have been hurt badly. I've never been a regular viewer, but I've seen enough episodes of American Justice and Dateline NBC over the years to know the pattern.

I think the Star released the video so the narrative can begin to shift towards the violence that is associated with the entire scandal but until now hasn't been the focus. I think this was strategic. I don't believe they think this was a bombshell video. It's a tactical video.
And I think it might be working. Comments sections are more irate about this than previously.

I was hoping the Star maybe paid in grocery gift certificates or something equally harmless. Would look (and would be) much better than handing over cash.

The Equalizer ‏@TheFIXER12 1m

The newest Rob Fiord Video, was set up and filmed by Sandro Lisi, Lisi's voice can be heard talking to Ford #TOpoli

Yeah, that guy totally looks like a reliable source for information like this.

It's not the amount that was paid, but that something was paid. I remember listening to Doolittle and Donovan talking about how badly they wanted that first video but they just couldn't pay for it, citing journalistic integrity, etc. I don't blame them in these circumstances, but it's just too bad that all of Ford's shenanigans, lies, behavioiur, stubbornness, etc. etc. made them go against their better judgement and purchase a video.
Doolittle said at Word On The Street that The Star does sometimes pay money for their stories. But it's usually around 500 dollars. Perhaps other media organizations do the same. Maybe it's standard practice.

And I think it might be working. Comments sections are more irate about this than previously.

Bear in mind that this is the first time any actual video has come out, the crack video admission notwithstanding. The visual impact of Ford out of his gourd probably shouldn't be underestimated.

I watched a few times and he is particularly hung up on the insult, "birds." Which we recognize as a inter-gang slur.

I'm wondering if this not about the media (or Hulk Hogan or whatever), but about some factions going on with drug dealing/using or whatever, someone in the that, er, world that he's had a big falling out with. Might help explain "those kids are pros" too -- I can't really see him calling Kevin Donovan a kid.

Last edited:

If I recall correctly though they said at the time that they occasionally pay sources as long as it's not a lot of money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back