4     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 446     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 981     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without catching him exchanging the drugs or later in their possession, the police can't charge him. I'm confident that the wiretap exists and we may soon see the transcripts. I support the police but I confess that I'm cynical about them missing so many opportunities to bust Ford in the act given how many documented times he met Lisi for that purpose.

Everyone needs to run through their heads exactly what has to transpire in order to break out of highly confidential (likely secret) surveillance to arrest someone. Firstly, you have to know that it's drugs, otherwise you can't rationalize the stop. If it's a brown envelope, you have to know that the drugs were put in there - and how would you know it, from a plane? And beyond that - that kind of surveillance operation is not undertaken to bust someone for holding a few grams of an illicit substance. You don't blow your cover for a tiny baggie of pot or a couple of crack rocks.

Above and beyond that - it's entirely possible the cops don't think it's drugs, and were actually observing money changing hands as previously suggested. Hence there are no arrests yet, because it's evidence-gathering for a much larger case that we don't know the extents of, yet.

Just two possible scenarios, out of many that include the fact that maybe the cops knowingly let him get away with smalltime posession. But I still stand by what I have said previously - when you're building a case, you're documenting shit like this for the eventual bust. If they have done diligent police work and have proof that each time drugs were changing hands, they will be able to charge Ford with a lot more than one instance of possession.

But, maybe I'm just being too optimistic...

This was on twitter earlier:

Nick Kouvalis ‏@NickKouvalis 57m
+1000 FFS @acourtroom: Dear Doug Ford, your brother is in a death spiral. If you love him, stop forcing him down this path & get him help."

Without catching him exchanging the drugs or later in their possession, the police can't charge him. I'm confident that the wiretap exists and we may soon see the transcripts. I support the police but I confess that I'm cynical about them missing so many opportunities to bust Ford in the act given how many documented times he met Lisi for that purpose.

I don't think the police would want to nail him on a simple possession charge. It will just give the persecution crowd more ammo.

I hope, given the resources expended, they are aiming higher. Obstruction of justice/extortion (in connection with Lisi) at a minimum. And the other possible scenarios advanced in the last few pages will be something extra to shoot for.

Call me naive, but I still think that there's a long game here that were not seeing, and that might explain TPS' reticence to move in on Rob. For Blair to be so confidently candid yesterday, I think there's more to the story. Well, okay, maybe I'm naive.

Ford approval rating ticks UP in the wake of the crack video bombshell

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think this news vindicates Rob Ford's decision to tough things out. This is like on the stock market when a stock is driven to it's lowest level in anticipation of bad news. Once the bad news is out the stock has nowhere to go but up. I think we could see a similar phenomena with Fords ratings.

Last edited:

I am willing to venture an educated guess that they have wiretaps of a lesser player telling someone about going after the video and it being "gone".

The freakiest development yet is how the Ford camp and their two-bit Saul Goodman Hotmail shyster have decided to go to war against Blair. NOT GOOD for the city, on so many levels. The Fords of course are putting their own petty vendettas ahead of what's good for Toronto. As always.

While I applaud Blair's efforts to take Ford down, I still haven't forgiven him for the fuck up that was the G20...

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think this news vindicates Rob Ford's decision to tough things out. This is like on the stock market when a stock is driven to it's lowest level in anticipation of bad news. Once the bad news is out the stock has nowhere to go but up. I think we could see a similar phenomena with Fords ratings.

I don't know, this poll feels like an outlier to me. There is no way that people would be able to support him given that it's now shown that Ford has explicitly lied regarding the existence of the video and has revealed to associate himself with fairly shady characters.

Let's look at the overall trend before we give this one poll a pass. If the next few polls continue to be above 40%, then it may suggest that the teflon he wears still has some life in it...

EDIT: Let's not forget that he has lost the support of ALL the political media. Even the Sun doesn't want anything to do with him anymore.

Ford’s high approval rating comes despite an “unbelievable” awareness of the video scandal, with 98 per cent of respondents saying they were aware of the news.

Even despite that, 44% still support him. Strangely there's a ~5% who still support the mayor, but wants him to resign?

Call me naive, but I still think that there's a long game here that were not seeing, and that might explain TPS' reticence to move in on Rob. For Blair to be so confidently candid yesterday, I think there's more to the story. Well, okay, maybe I'm naive.

My wife and I were talking over dinner and this was our conclusion too. Of course, we could be just as naïve.

This was on twitter earlier:

Nick Kouvalis ‏@NickKouvalis 57m
+1000 FFS @acourtroom: Dear Doug Ford, your brother is in a death spiral. If you love him, stop forcing him down this path & get him help."

whoa. This combined with Stephen LeDrew's "baloney" comment, it's been one hell of a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back