25     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 448     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 984     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like he is attributing that quote to Blair. Not claiming he has seen it personally.

"I’ve seen the video, it appears to contain what has been reported in the press. You note [Blair] didn’t say, as I’ve indicated, that he’s smoking crack cocaine. He doesn’t say that.”

I definitely think Hotmail Lawyerâ„¢ was intending to quote what Blair had said, when he said "I've seen the video." That part came right before he noted what Blair did NOT say. Torontoist should have put single-quotes around that bit as follows:

"The chief has a duty to report news in a dispassionate fashion. Commenting about his disappointment is not part of his job, with respect, and his so doing puts Mayor Ford at a tremendous disadvantage. 'I’ve seen the video, it appears to contain what has been reported in the press.' You note [Blair] didn’t say, as I’ve indicated, that he’s smoking crack cocaine. He doesn’t say that."

EDIT: James beat me to the punch....

I know someone in the same unfortunate situation.

Wont lie the person often looks depressed lately and I assume that this has to have a massive effect even on extended family. That being said I really want a invite to the cottage.

Good catch over on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/com...nt_smoking_crack_on_video_lawyer_says/cd4ethg

“I hate the smell ... I’m not a smoker, I don’t like it,†Ford said following the board of health’s call to tighten anti-smoking laws. “But, I just don’t like government getting involved, telling people where they can smoke, where they can’t. How far are they going to push us?

I definitely think Hotmail Lawyer™ was intending to quote what Blair had said, when he said "I've seen the video." That part came right before he noted what Blair did NOT say. Torontoist should have put single-quotes around that bit as follows:

EDIT: James beat me to the punch....

I agree, but I think Torontoist compounded the error with their sub-heading:
"Morris says that he has seen the video, that it matches the description reported in the Star, but that it isn't crack that Ford is smoking."

Seems the author has misunderstood what was said in the radio interview, and didn't just forget to put some quotes in the article text.

Any guesses as to what was said at Diane's house between Doug, Rob and the mother? Is she an enabler as well? Equally delusional? Could the emerge as the Ford voice of reason in this? I admittedly know very little about her beyond the fact all of her kids are monumental fuck-ups.

and-all-this-time-ive-been-smoking-harmless-tobacco-possibly-the-only-legal-thing-mr-burns-has-ever-done.jpg

"And all this time I've been smoking harmless tobacco!"

Which is at least something that can be done with that bong - but not with a crack pipe.

I just really wanted to see what they are really like all together; just a fly on the wall.

thats honestly pretty noble... The family people I know are quite nice, but Rob makes my blood boil... Sometimes I have to tell myself its not him as much as it is the people blind fully following him.. Makes you question humanity.

Hearing this 3rd (or 4th) hand, and supposedly this originates with someone in the media: Ford was receiving envelopes of cash from Lisi to help funnel city projects to certain contractors.

I'm not going to advocate for us to widely speculate here (in fact I discourage it), but I put it out there to see if anyone has any credible evidence/knowledge to back this up. It would certainly open a whole new can of trouble for Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back