29     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 448     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 984     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford's shyster knows full well that Blair cannot release the video to the public, for all the various reasons that Blair himself detailed in his press conference. Only the courts can do that. Said shyster does NOT want the video revealed, but for the time being desperately wants somehow to change the channel to the whole 'police/elites are being unfair to poor Robbie' narrative.

Is that really true? Are the police not obligated to at least make a copy of the video available to Rob Ford's lawyer?

Last edited:
Is that really true? Are the police not obligated to at least make a copy of the video available to Rob Ford's lawyer?
Not unless they use it as evidence, and Rob hasn't been charged, and won't be charged with anything seen in the video. Catch 22.

They know very well that the police won't release the video as it's before the courts. They're simply giving Ford nation an opportunity to say 'if the video is so damning why would they want anyone to see it?' In the meantime douggie, robbie and the lawyer will start planting the seeds of 'it's fake, it isn't crack, it is someone who looks like rob, etc....' It's desparate and brutally stupid but that's their tack.

That narrative will also be short-lived when it comes out that Lissi's extortion charges are based on the retrieval of the video. Why would such effort go into getting a fake video that shows the mayor smoking tobacco. It's going to make even less sense if/when it comes out that Price was also involved and that a weapon may have been used during its attempted retrieval.

This is a trick to use your compassion against you, or to suggest hypocrisy. It's complete bullshit. I have serious concern for addicts and believe they should be helped. I do not want them in my employ, however, until they have their addiction under control. The right tries the same tactic regarding discrimination. "If you're so tolerant why don't you tolerate bigots?" It's illogical but is designed to prey on the left's self-reflection (something the right jettisoned ages ago in favour of talking points: Trudeau's pot use, Benghazi, etc.etc.).

Agreed, which is why I said that on a political level, personal compassion for Ford's issues with substance use shouldn't outweigh the need to honestly look at his capacity to continue on as mayor*. On a personal level, I think that he deserves the same kinds of supports that I believe other people dealing with addictions should get; that doesn't mean that he gets a pass on his inability to do his job, or his at best poor judgment in surrounding himself with criminals while in a position of high public trust.

*Trying to keep my general disgust with his policies (such as they are) separate from his ability to carry them out, along with other mayoral duties.

That narrative will also be short-lived when it comes out that Lissi's extortion charges are based on the retrieval of the video. Why would such effort go into getting a fake video that shows the mayor smoking tobacco. It's going to make even less sense if/when it comes out that Price was also involved and that a weapon may have been used during its attempted retrieval.

unfortunately to the fords those are "details" that they can gloss over or just plain not answer.

TTC commissioners who voted to remove Gary Webster for not supporting the Mayor's plan for subways: Frank Di Giorgio, Cesar Palacio, Denzil Minnan-Wong, Norm Kelly and Vincent Crisanti. Probably the same bunch plus others supported the removal of the TCHC Board. Is it too much to expect them to be consistent in their fervour to make people responsible for their actions?

I'm told that The Toronto Star is going to sue Rob and Doug Ford in a massive defamation suit now that the facts have come out. The Fords may lose everything they have.

Ugh. While I don't disagree with them, this will just fuel the "The leftist/elitist media is out to get the Fords" narrative.

All this worry about Ford nation and the associated narratives...they don't matter anymore. There is just no chance in hell Ford is winning a damn thing despite morons showing up in comments sections and vox populi soundbites. His numbers will steadily decline among the many otherwise sensible right wing people that voted him in. Why should Ford's critics play defense any more? Ford has lost. He lied to the public over and over and over again. And more details are coming, likely connecting Ford or Ford's people to murder and extortion.

He lost. F*ck the way anything looks. The Star should sue him for every dime, while sane Toronto conservatives figure out how to fix the enormous damage Ford has wrought.

As far as the video and court is concerned, a really adept Crown attorney would be able to argue that it didn't matter what the video ACTUALLY shows; it only mattered what Lisi BELIEVED it showed and what he did in order to obtain the video. It could be a Daffy Duck video for all the beans in the World. He has to prove intent. And if the intent of Lisi was to get the video and destroy it and he went through efforts to do exactly that then he would be guilty regardless of what or who is on the video. The content is irrelevant to the charge.

As far as the video and court is concerned, a really adept Crown attorney would be able to argue that it didn't matter what the video ACTUALLY shows; it only mattered what Lisi BELIEVED it showed and what he did in order to obtain the video. It could be a Daffy Duck video for all the beans in the World. He has to prove intent. And if the intent of Lisi was to get the video and destroy it and he went through efforts to do exactly that then he would be guilty regardless of what or who is on the video. The content is irrelevant to the charge.

I'm afraid that's accurate

@goldsbie 3mins
Lisi out on bail, has to stay 500 m away from and maintain no contact with Mohamed Siad and Liban Siyad. Also no contact with Bassos.

All this worry about Ford nation and the associated narratives...they don't matter anymore. There is just no chance in hell Ford is winning a damn thing despite morons showing up in comments sections and vox populi soundbites. His numbers will steadily decline among the many otherwise sensible right wing people that voted him in. Why should Ford's critics play defense any more? Ford has lost. He lied to the public over and over and over again. And more details are coming, likely connecting Ford or Ford's people to murder and extortion.

He lost. F*ck the way anything looks. The Star should sue him for every dime, while sane Toronto conservatives figure out how to fix the enormous damage Ford has wrought.

Exactly. Ford's most harmful legacy will be the erosion of the 5th estate and a precedent for politicians being able to propagate lies without accountability. The Star has a duty to bring consequences to those actions so that future elected officials consider their actions before resorting to attacking those keeping them to account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back