458     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 844     11 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 444     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As incriminating as this stuff is, Ford has already admitting that he and Lisi are friends and can claim that they were just meeting up for whatever friendly reason. I'd be shocked if this is what sinks him.

The wiretaps should be far juicier.

Last edited:
Ya.. That's what I was thinking. Ford isn't lying about his friendship with Lisi - he fully supports his 'friend' and you can spin those pictures any way you'd like. I'm sure some of the crap I do with my best friends looks sketchy if I was to be photographed from planes and whatnot.

This is getting interesting though...

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 2m
"On many occasions they followed him to meetings with Ford in parks. Detectives searched the area after and found empty vodka bottles."

Mayor of Toronto hanging out in ravines snorting coke and drinking 40s. A real layer of sadness here.

I think we can all confidently say that the Conservatives will now completely abandon the Fords. I can't imagine Harper wanting to associate himself with Ford now and I can't see Conservatives taking ownership of Ford's campaign. It's Tory for the Conservatives, Stintz backed by Liberals, Chow by progressives and Ford as a wild independent. Let's see him raising money for his campaign after this.

Who is this Fidani referenced in documents and here, in a tweet from Daniel Dale:

Police document: "FIDANI thought that LISI would drive the Mayor around to "hot spots" and facilitate getting drugs for the Mayor."
by Daniel Dale via twitter 10:27 AM

I think we can all confidently say that the Conservatives will now completely abandon the Fords. I can't imagine Harper wanting to associate himself with Ford now and I can't see Conservatives taking ownership of Ford's campaign. It's Tory for the Conservatives, Stintz backed by Liberals, Chow by progressives and Ford as a wild independent. Let's see him raising money for his campaign after this.

We know that, but there's no guarantee that he does.

Yes, the fallout here will be political. For his diehard fans who claim he works all day making phone calls, evidence now exists that he was hanging out (during the day!) with drug dealers.

Shelley Carroll is the first councillor to say it out loud:
Elizabeth Church ‏@lizchurchto 1m
Cllr Carroll says mayor really needs to take a leave. "We now know he has a substance abuse problem," she says. #topoli

They've got reports of Ford meeting with Lisi over 100 times. That's a lot of drug buying. (and vodka drinking, from the sound of it)

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m
From the IPO: Police interviewed Mark Towhey - Mayor Rob Ford was late for Garrison Ball b/c he went to Lisi's house beforehand #TOpoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back