949     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 619     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY is DOUG talking to the media again? WHY WHY WHY?

Surprised that Ford never made him deputy mayor.

Anyways remember how I said that Ford should turn himself in? Perhaps he believed that it isn't over until the fat lady sings. Well the fat lady has finished warming up her voice, has hit the stage, and is inhaling to perform that first note...

bah, rob ford isn't going down, not by a long shot. he still has loads of "now the left is politicizing the tps"-type stuff to throw around, he can still hunker down on taxes and 'us vs downtown' (that is, toronto vs the recently appended suburbs), he can simply ignore it all, etc. the guy is a shameless drunk and his brother is a shameless psychopath, don't see anything much coming from the publication ban's partial lifting beyond a few more news stories and a richer sense of what's been going on with the police investigation.

Whatever happens tomorrow, Ford is no longer Teflon Rob. His unbudging 30% support has dropped to 18% die hard Ford Nation. That's significant. If there's an 80% anybody but Ford movement during the election, it wouldn't matter if Chow and Stintz split the vote evenly, Ford would still come in a distant 3rd. I'm confident that as long as there's a second Conservative at the end, that Ford is toast. Stintz and/or Tory need to hold it off until Election Day.

Oh snap! Blair wouldn't go to City Hall for that. Police pressers are held at their HQ. He won't be there to arrest Ford personally but I wouldn't be surprised if he is giving the Mayor the courtesy of a personal heads up: "My officers will be here in 1 hour to pick you up, please get yourself presentable and prepare your things".

This is the timetable I discussed some pages back. The police have to act before the Lisi documents are released to the public. If there's something incriminating in there -- even as small as buying drugs -- then the public will rightly demand answers as to why Ford hasn't been charged and suggest that the police are giving him preferred treatment, even though they may be waiting on something bigger. If Ford isn't taken in for questioning or if no Bill Blair statement is given today or tomorrow before the documents are released, then there is nothing incriminating Ford in them (which has strongly been suggested by several parties that is not the case. This is about Ford, he's in the Lisi ITO docs).

Word is Rob has already been questioned by police.

I still don't know what the charges would be other they minor drug charges. If so they will bring him in privately early or late. I highly doubt the public walk out of city hall.

All I know is if they do go head with any type of charge they will want to make sure it will stick. Chief Blair will not go after Ford for Mickey Mouse drug charges. They will make sure everything is in order before taking down the Mayor of the largest municipality in Canada. He will post bail right away and continue being mayor. If it is just drug charges I highly doubt he will see the inside of a jail cell.

It's interesting that even on the Sun where FordNation tends to hang out, readers voted "no" to the poll question "do the Forum Research poll results surprise you?"

It's also interesting that Ford's approval rating has finally taken a major hit. Despite all the foolishness, lies and scandals over the past 3 years, his ratings have remained fairly steady until now. Was it the robocall? Was it the friendships with criminals? Or is it that FordNation has finally started adding 2 and 2 and getting 4? Whatever the reason, it's good to see people waking up.

I still don't know what the charges would be other they minor drug charges.

There has to be something else. Like obstruction of justice. Or conspiracy to commit .... something. I think Rob has left the trafficking to Doug, so I suspect Rob has had his hand in other cookie jars and we're not looking at possession or something like that.

At the end of the CBC Radio 1 4:30 news, the presenter seemed -- but I did not catch it in full, as I was not really attending to the broadcast -- to say that a reporter who has seen the unredacted pages said there is nothing in them linking Ford to any wrongdoing. Did I hear what was said correctly?

Whatever happens tomorrow, Ford is no longer Teflon Rob. His unbudging 30% support has dropped to 18% die hard Ford Nation. That's significant. If there's an 80% anybody but Ford movement during the election, it wouldn't matter if Chow and Stintz split the vote evenly, Ford would still come in a distant 3rd. I'm confident that as long as there's a second Conservative at the end, that Ford is toast. Stintz and/or Tory need to hold it off until Election Day.

Just curious - where are you getting these numbers from?

The recent Toronto Sun poll. Only 18% now rate Rob Ford as one of Toronto's best Mayors. That's Ford Nation, and its size has taken a beating in this last poll.

The recent Toronto Sun poll. Only 18% now rate Rob Ford as one of Toronto's best Mayors. That's Ford Nation, and its size has taken a beating in this last poll.

I think you're inferring thinly that one of Toronto's best mayors equals intention to vote. I really don't think it does...

Ahh another day of dashed hopes in for store for people.

Wonder how many of these days you guys can take before you stop hoping

Need to stop believing in the coffee intern about the goings at city hall.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie
I've been told the electronic (PDF?) version of the Lisi ITO clocks in at 28 megabytes. Tomorrow will involve much cursing at email servers.

Is that unusually large?

At the end of the CBC Radio 1 4:30 news, the presenter seemed -- but I did not catch it in full, as I was not really attending to the broadcast -- to say that a reporter who has seen the unredacted pages said there is nothing in them linking Ford to any wrongdoing. Did I hear what was said correctly?

Well they haven't been released yet so not bloody likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back