244     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 342     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many yoga masters are often depicted as old pious Hindus.

What is next? Ford Nation considering old pious Hindus with long flowing beards who live far from civilization downtown elitists?

Ford Nation: Real breadwinners eat a diet of McDonald's with a Double Big Mac, large fries, and large Coke (both as in Coca-Cola and as in cocaine*).

*Modern Coca-Cola recipes do not actually contain cocaine (it is also not used to make Merchandise 7X (Coca-Cola's secret ingredient)).

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. Ford votes against funding for Caribana, TIFF, Pride, AIDS Education, beneficial community programs, etc. but is in favour of spending $400,000 in taxpayer money on educating the public on how they can reduce plastic bag use?!

That's the equivalent for 8 million plastic bag fees to tell people that they can recycle their plastic bags.

Respect for taxpayers indeed.

I refuse to acknowledge the occurrence of this supposed "assault" until I see a video of it. Shannon Everett is innocent until proven guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

And even if a video IS produced, how do we know it's not an elaborate hoax, made on a soundstage, using actors? Gutter "jurrrrrnalism" at its finest, and proof of the ongoing media war against poor Shannon.

Let me get this straight. Ford votes against funding for Caribana, TIFF, Pride, AIDS Education, beneficial community programs, etc. but is in favour of spending $400,000 in taxpayer money on educating the public on how they can reduce plastic bag use?!

That's the equivalent for 8 million plastic bag fees to tell people that they can recycle their plastic bags.

Respect for taxpayers indeed.

$400,000 is not "gravy". Its to
“We have to educate them. We have to get people out there and saying these bags can be reused,†said Mayor Ford. “I think people still believe they have to pay five cents. I go to stores almost every day and people still come up and say, ‘well is it the law? Do we have to pay the 5 cents?’ I say, ‘no you don’t.’â€
from the National Post at this link.

$400,000 is not "gravy". Its to from the National Post at this link.

Is that really worth $400,000?

There's really no way to justify it considering everything else he votes against.

This is the exact quote:

"We have to educate them. We have to get people out there and saying these bags can be reused. I think people still believe they ahve to pay five cents. I go to stores almost every day and people still come up and say, 'well is it the law? Do we have to pay the 5 cents?' I say, 'no you don't.'"

If the store decides they want to charge $0.05 for a plastic bag, then yes you do have to pay.

Last edited:
Where does Ford shop? I haven't heard of anyone who still thinks they have to pay 5 cents.

And even if a video IS produced, how do we know it's not an elaborate hoax, made on a soundstage, using actors? Gutter "jurrrrrnalism" at its finest, and proof of the ongoing media war against poor Shannon.

Now that is humour.

Where does Ford shop? I haven't heard of anyone who still thinks they have to pay 5 cents.
Many large grocery stores still charge 5 cents (or more) a bag. Though some were doing that years before this first came to council, and others are doing it province-wide.

1) There is no proof yet that Robbie was assaulted. Pending court action will deliberate on the testimony of actual witnesses.
2) The Fords made conclusive comments on a pending court action of which Robbie is part, which is, if anything, is morally wrong.
3) Everyone is entitled to legal representation. Do you expect Robbie to show up personally? I doubt that, I see his lawyer showing.
4) Gee, a politician having to deal with the political fall out of their decisions.

First of all, being assaulted should never be an acceptable political fall out, particularly in municipal politics. It's a bit disgusting that you would suggest that.

Now, whether or not their is proof of Everett assaulting Rob is up in the air. There certainly were witnesses and the papers have reported Everett apologized for tossing the drink, but just as I expect Ford to be innocent until proven guilty in the crack allegations, I'll give Everett the benefit of the doubt until her trial.

But what does that have to do with anything? Whether Everett assaulted Ford or not, the fact is that Ford did have a drink tossed at him and is currently being criticized for it. When Ford is even criticized for being a victim of assault, then there's nothing he could do that he wouldn't be criticized for. He didn't comment on the case or name names or do anything questionable; he simply acknowledged he had a drink thrown at him. Whoop de doo.

Many large grocery stores still charge 5 cents (or more) a bag. Though some were doing that years before this first came to council, and others are doing it province-wide.
True. I just don't hear people asking about it. It's all kind of yesterday's news and really, there are way more important issues for Ford to get on board with. Not that he's ever worried about that.

It's Ford just trying to change the channel. The last few days have seen him cavorting with the common people and the press (without literally falling on his ass) and today he's back with those hard-hitting issues that are a burning concern for Ford Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back