309     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 292     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 485     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ford's weight problem is just from drinking too much. It's surprisingly easy to take in 1000 calories or more from a night of drinking, plus a lot of carbs if you're drinking beer. If you are doing that every night, or even just 4 nights a week, the weight will pile on really fast.

While I'm sure this is a contributing factor, I highly doubt his diet is any good either. In the past few months, his main associations with food establishments have been KFC, Mandarin, and Baskin Robbins.

A few folks I was talking said it may be worth taking a look into connections between the Mafia in the construction industry and the Ford administration. Even though there is likely not a direct link between Ford himself and the Mafia, certain groups may be looking to take advantage of the lack of oversight the last few years has brought.

Just a suggestion, not direct evidence.

I miss Jock Ferguson.

That is all.

OSS:

Not quite. Her statement state that being fat (A) prevents one from being included in the category crack addict (B) - if A then not B; it does not speak to being not A (ie. not fat; "thin") automatically translates into B (i.e. crack addict).

AoD
The similarity is that her statement is pulled out of her butt with no actual evidence supporting her opinion, just like mine.

TORONTO, ON - JUNE 7: Elena Johnson, the 51-year-old daughter of homeowner Lina Basso, leaves a Beer Store near her 15 Windsor Rd. home, where Mayor Rob Ford was photographed with murder victim Anthony Smith and another shooting victim is notorious for drug problems, according to people living in the area.

TORONTO, ON - JUNE 7: Elena Johnson, 51, at 15 Windsor Rd., the house where Mayor Rob Ford was photographed with murder victim Anthony Smith and another shooting victim is notorious for drug problems, according to people living in the area.

Is it really necessary to harass these homeowners this much? A picture or two was more than sufficient - these aren't public figures after all.

Is it really necessary to harass these homeowners this much? A picture or two was more than sufficient - these aren't public figures after all.

Yup, this is exactly why I said this paparazzi stuff isn't good, yesterday.

Someone made a comment about how that's the least of our worries with all the wacky shit going down, but this plays into Doug Ford's "the media are harassing us!!" narrative. Now he can rail against "the media" for harassing and constantly photographing a regular citizen... I'm sure he'll assert that she has nothing to do with this whatsoever and it's just another example of the Star harassing people in and around their own homes (even though this guy is a freelancer), making them fearful and unsafe etc etc.

I wonder if the Star is looking to find accounts of the mayor and this lady being friends? And I wonder if she is constantly approached by reporters, if she will eventually snap and say "Fine, I hang out with Rob Ford, who cares! leave me alone!" - because in the end, that's all the media really needs to hear before it starts to really draw some solid-line connections between all of the events.

I wish it was legal to stick a little GPS tracker on Ford's car - a month of tracking and you'd sure have a hell of a story about his day to day travels!

There is nothing to be gained from stalking these people. I guess the reporters are doing it because the targets won't respond to interview requests.

Except some of the inhabitants of 15 Windsor Road are petty criminals (there's the public records to prove that), and if it weren't linked to the Fords, you know the Toronto Sun would eat up an "expose" on "the crackhouse that's troubling the neighbourhood"; that "the community wants 'em out." The police calls to that address are also easily found.

And had a prominent politican been caught there, say a Liberal, it wouldn't just be the Sun reporting on it either.

Not my cup of tea, but the whole "private citizens" angle doesn't quite apply here.

Last edited:
While I'm sure this is a contributing factor, I highly doubt his diet is any good either. In the past few months, his main associations with food establishments have been KFC, Mandarin, and Baskin Robbins.

And McDonald's. The photo with him and the Hamburgler was just asking for the "Mayor McCheese" label).

Plus he is a regular at Tim Horton's at the Esso at Edenbridge and Scarlett. But then again, many people are Tim Horton's regulars (like myself), nothing to comment about that.

I don't mind reporters taking photos as part of an investigation, but it seems odd that they'd print them/release them to the public unless they were somehow relevant to the investigation. I think a picture of this woman entering the alleged "crack house" was relevant and worthy of being released to the public, whereas pictures of her going about her daily errands don't really add anything to the story.

Not my cup of tea, but the whole "private citizens" angle doesn't quite apply here.

Yeah no kidding - I'm telling you the angle that Doug Ford would play... which we all know won't be quite accurate or truthful. It'll be whatever fits his narrative of "us vs. them"

I don't mind reporters taking photos as part of an investigation, but it seems odd that they'd print them/release them to the public unless they were somehow relevant to the investigation. I think a picture of this woman entering the alleged "crack house" was relevant and worthy of being released to the public, whereas pictures of her going about her daily errands don't really add anything to the story.

These are posted to Getty images, a rights management site, not to the star directly. The star has not actually published a large majority of these photos.

Robbie can't even be arsed to explain what role his former football coach plays on staff while being paid with 'repsected' taxpayer dollars. He's certainly not going to comment on a photo of him outside a crack house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back