1.6K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 823     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I speak as one who when Ford was elected, said "give him a chance, he can't be all that bad!" and was promptly sucked in by his ideology. Sorry guys! :(

In that same spirit, let me take this opportunity to apologize for voting for Rob. I knew full well that he was a clown, but if I can say a word in my defence, he was the only candidate firmly against Transit City, and that issue meant something to me.

I expected Lastman-style silliness but not this meltdown. If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have voted for Smitherman. Sorry George!

Has anybody heard from Andrea Horwath? Wynne is already talking about "will take action". Will she have the support of the NDP to sack the Mayor or at least call for an early election? Curious that Hudak hasn't said anything.. or Flaherty. I think it will kill Ford to lose the support of his dad's close friends, almost like losing his dad's approval.

EDIT, speaking of early elections, I was in the shower this morning when I heard a councillor on TV volunteer the actual logistics of calling an early election as if he had given it a thorough thought. He mentioned a fall election and that it would be for a 5 year term to later match up other municipalities election dates. Sounded like Milczyn.

Last edited:
@MetroMan I presume one of today's two resignations was the third staffer who you'd suggested was thinking about resigning?

Doesn't Ford pride himself on having an incomprehensibly tiny office budget as it is? Would reducing it to zero really do much?

The same guy said that lady justice wears crotchless panties, and has a bunch of other borderline-wacky tweets.
Like the papers, I'd wait 'til you hear that from at least two sources before taking it seriously...

Yeah reading back as well. Sorry for posting that. Dude sounds shit-your-pants crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back