107     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 591     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that every media outlet is reporting this straight except for CP24 that is reporting that Renata is In custody for "suspected" driving while impaired and used the quote by Spokesman Kwong that Renata "has alcohol in her blood"? The posting ends that she is "facing a charge". - I mean FFS....

Wait for the spindoctor Doug to enter and start Fordsplaining....

Assuming he sees any advantage or personal gain in doing so, sure. It's not like the family actually cares about Renata, after all. She's of no further use to them. (To whatever extent she ever was.)

Then again, since we're already seeing talk of her - and by extension, them - being "persecuted," I expect that's the angle Dofo will take if he opens his yap about this. "This is proof positive we Fords are the most oppressed people in the history of the world! Waaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!"

Why is it that every media outlet is reporting this straight except for CP24 that is reporting that Renata is In custody for "suspected" driving while impaired and used the quote by Spokesman Kwong that Renata "has alcohol in her blood"? The posting ends that she is "facing a charge". - I mean FFS....

CPFord can't lose the Ford family support. They need Doug for political insight and don't forget the "at home" documentaries with Kathy and Mama Ford.

Unfortunately that's the way it goes for people married to "famous" people. Mel Lastman's wife comes to mind.

Another reason that the entire public record is an atavism that should be abolished. If all we're going to get in the news is infotainment crap about some dead guy's wife, wind up all news outlets and let all information spread by word of mouth.

Why is the wife of City Council's deceased bullying victim in the news at all? Does getting married to someone still have the same value as it did in the 1930s, when wives were walking appendages?
I'm not opposed to DUI arrests--no one is--but having the news media persecute someone merely for having married an unpopular man is a lot of crap.
Renata waded into the public as a public figure on the side of Robbie and the Fords so she is fair game to the circus; the whole basement event(s) placed her firmly as a drunk (at least) so this is just chum.

Another reason that the entire public record is an atavism that should be abolished. If all we're going to get in the news is infotainment crap about some dead guy's wife, wind up all news outlets and let all information spread by word of mouth.
If you have not done so you should watch "Good Night, and Good Luck." More at Wikipedia.

It's not "some dead guy's wife" It's about the dirty laundry within the Ford family that should be laundered before another stupid bunch of people elect another Ford for council or godforbid provincial or federal politics. Renate, like her or not, is a public figure who stood by her husband when he hauled her into City hall to Ford splain his behaviour. She made a dramatic spectacle of herself at Rob's funeral and was happy to announce the puppy addition to her family. She also has been quite vocal and happily sharing the pro-Trump and other assorted political crap on facebook, not the kind of behaviour of the widow seeking privacy!

Having said that, it was Doug who promised to look after her and the kids. Please don't try to tell us he didn't know about her drinking and drug habits? His first priority should have been mental health and addiction council for that whole family.

Someone help; am being attacked for saying Renata was previously arrested - because obviously Robin Doolittle was lying about that (even though she had the arresting officers name). Any other sources?

She's a liability to Doug now - he'll use the kids for cheap political points and throw her to the wolves.
Doug has made a career of turning FoFam "liabilities" into opportunities. So now that the widow Renata has been "caught" indulging in a few too many "pops" over the first Christmas after dear Robbie's tragic death, and given that Doug still has a way to go in his own "rehab" in the PC party, I'm expecting Family Man Doug to announce he's going to shepherd Renata into rehab (I'd suggest at Betty FORD clinic) to work thru her grief issues (for the sake of the kids ya know) just like he helped Rob. Its all in the Book folks!

Just remembering how Not Perfect they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back