247     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 385     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 434     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did my bit for democracy this morning. I wasn't entirely happy about it, but the Liberals got my vote. Like many of you, I just want Harper gone, and I think the Libs stand a better chance at eliminating him than the perennially third-place NDP. Besides which, I'm still bitter as hell at the way our self-identified progressives in Toronto let Ford get away with so much during his rampage as Mayor, and how that situation is essentially unchanged even now that he's 'just' a city Councilor again. That's pretty much tainted my opinion of the Canadian left as a whole. And I doubt I'm the only Toronto local who feels that way. Funny how Ford's disgraceful tenure as Hizzhonor can still affect one's political thinking...

Speaking of the Fords, if the Cons do indeed pull off another win, even as a minority government, I don't doubt Slob and Thug will try to snatch as much credit as they can. "It wuz 'cause Harpo campaigned with us! It wuz all us!!" But will the reverse be true if the CPC lose big-time, especially here in Toronto? Somehow, if it comes to that, I don't see Thugs One & Two copping to much responsibility if that ends up happening.

I guess we're neighbours! My riding seems to shift back and forth between Conservative and Liberal.

I lived in that riding when I went to university. Back when Bill "let's hang people with rope measured in feet" Domm was the M.P. Domm has been dead for 15 years, but he and Ford would have gotten along very well.

In the '88 election, saw Broadbent at a campaign rally in Peterborough. He was fantastic. Those were the days.

I lived in that riding when I went to university. Back when Bill "let's hang people with rope measured in feet" Domm was the M.P. Domm has been dead for 15 years, but he and Ford would have gotten along very well.

In the '88 election, saw Broadbent at a campaign rally in Peterborough. He was fantastic. Those were the days.

Hahaha, Bill Domm. True story: I used to work with Bill's son Perry. He was a super nice guy and I always felt a bit sorry for him because it seemed he as though he had been burdened by his father's fame & notoriety. He wasn't anything like his dad. Eventually, he'd had enough and he moved to Vancouver to smoke weed for a living.

"Let's hang people with rope measured in feet" is, by the way, about the funniest thing I've read all day.

Rob Ford apparently thinks he can vote directly for the PM, despite living in Toronto...
To be fair, a lot of people think you can do that. And then there was the person standing in line with me during the last provincial election who was planning on voting for Rob Ford. Sometimes, I despair of the human race

Hahaha, Trudeau bat-flipped Harper! :D

Bye bitch!
CRuWv12UwAAgo0m.jpg

(thanks to @MetroMan 's twitter for the pic ;))

Let's hear what the Ford bros have to say on that. If Harper resigns, wonder if Doug will throw his hat in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back