News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 373     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
jje1000:

Except that he got more than the video by itself to worry about - those in the know are out loose, and they are leaving sworn statements.

Chouster:

Well, for some odd reason there is a tendency to equate popular support to ethical behavour and sound leadership. You know, a certain infamous dictator was rather popular in his time too. Self-aggrandizement - check; scapegoating - check; appeal to emotion - check; claims of a "new era" - check.

AoD

Last edited:
The Star: New Ford staffer previously fired over drug allegations, sources say

Oh my. The crew have abandoned ship, so now Ford is hiring the rats themselves to run things.

Last edited:
Wow. David Price sounds like a guy who would have rolled with Doug back in the 80's.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...rds_aide_sought_video_spark_police_probe.html

Towhey, a former military man and the most experienced official in Ford’s office, was alarmed at Price’s comments. Price went further and said, “What if a source has told me where the video might be found?â€

Shocked, Towhey told Price that the only thing he would advise is going to the police. Price also said that the video may have been the reason that Anthony Smith, a person pictured in a photo with Ford, was killed.

Towhey’s response, according to sources, was to tell Price that he would be contacting police.

Towhey called police, and shortly before he went in to give a sworn statement on May 18, Price contacted him and passed on the apartment numbers and floor (17th) of a building in Rexdale where Price said his “sources†had told him the video might be found. Price did not identify his sources.

When Towhey went to the police he did not inform his boss, Mayor Ford. He gave a statement, identifying Price as the originator of this information. Price was later asked to give a statement.

When Toronto woke up to news of the video, the media descended on Ford’s Etobicoke home. Towhey, a former military man, sent Price to Ford’s house to be of assistance. Soon after, Towhey was angered to discover that Price was at the home of Rob and Doug Ford’s mother.

Price told Towhey not to worry.

The day proceeded without much official discussion of the video. Mayor Ford called the allegations “ridiculous.†Both Ford brothers told Towhey that no video existed.

Later that day, Price sought out Towhey, his boss, and raised the “hypothetical†question: What if he knew where the video was, what would be done?

At one point, according to an account of the conversation, the straitlaced Towhey was heard to remark, “We’re not getting the f---ing thing!â€

His concern was that, if a video existed, someone could be killed for it.

On the morning of May 21, there was a shooting on the same 17th floor of the apartment building that had been identified by Price. That non-fatal shooting is not under investigation by the homicide detectives who interviewed Towhey.

Price does sound like a real piece of work.

While the City of Toronto can't fire either Rob "CrackMayor" Ford or Drug Ford ... I'm assuming there are ways that David Price can be fired without the Ford's permission.

That's his problem. The city got bigger fishes to fry than his health.

re: new hire

The mayor also announced Amin Massoudi, Councillor Doug Ford’s executive assistant, is his communications director.

There was confusion about his title, however. A message from Ford’s official Twitter account later called Massoudi his “new press secretary.”

Three independent sources told the Star on Monday that Nick Kouvalis fired Massoudi from Ford’s 2010 mayoral campaign after the campaign heard that Toronto police, investigating an open car door, found marijuana inside and traced the car to Massoudi.

According to one source, Massoudi said the car had been broken into.

No charges were laid and the Star cannot verify the information. At press time Massoudi had not responded to the Star’s calls, emails and social media messages.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...al_mayors_office_loses_more_staff_source.html

AoD

Last edited:
My view: Ford is hiring a bunch of young guys because he knows they won't stand up to him or question him. They are former football players and they see him as "Coach" - an authority figure. They won't stand up to him the way Christopoulos or Towhey did... they will toe the line and do what they are told, especially because Rob and Doug will always have the "you don't have any experience, I do" trump card.

I also believe that he doesn't actually know any talented politicians all that well - he has always been an outsider and has obviously put so much of his time into the football coaching that when he wants to hire someone he knows/trusts, he goes back to them. Maybe they are talented, but I don't believe it gives Ford credibility to be hiring people with no experience - and it will undermine his credibility with every Councillor.

At least Towhey has a sense of humour:

towhey‏@towhey
Yawn. Another quiet day off. Too rainy to go to the movies. Can anyone recommend a good video?

.... and it will undermine his credibility with every Councillor.

Yes. That is really the point of most of the criticisms of Ford. He keeps doing this type of thing and isolating himself even more.

Defenders of Ford should ponder the issue. This city is governed by alliances. Ford alone is weak but he hasn't realized this. "Lone wolf" doesn't cut it.

How has everyone not gone insane over this? Rob Ford diss track? It's amazing!

This line prevented me from clicking on it "You brought Toronto shame like the last Boston game!"....how did a Leaf loss in overtime in game 7 against a very strong Boston team bring the city shame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back